For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein G column, eluted out with both high and low pH buffers, neutralized immediately after elution then followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa.
- FunctionReceptor for glutamate. The activity of this receptor is mediated by a G-protein that inhibits adenylate cyclase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 3 family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- FLJ41058 antibody
- GLUR8 antibody
- Glutamate receptor metabotropic 8 antibody
Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 8 antibody images
Western blot - Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 8 antibody (ab38571)
Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 8 antibody (ab38571) at 1/100 dilution + Mouse brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size : 102 kDa
Observed band size : 100 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 8 antibody (ab38571)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"