MICA Human ELISA Kit (ab100592)
- Product nameMICA Human ELISA KitSee all MICA kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
- Range13.72 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 116.9 109% - 124% Serum 112.3 95% - 129% Plasma 93.83 75% - 107%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s MICA Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human MICA in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human MICA coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MICA present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human MICA antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MICA bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 300X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human MICA 2 vials MICA Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human MICA Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceThe MHC class I chain-related (MIC) proteins are related to the Major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I proteins which are ubiquitously expressed and mediate the recognition of intracellular antigens by cytotoxic T cells. The MHC class I chain-related (MIC) proteins are recognized by NKG2D, a receptor on NK and T cells, and promote anti-tumor activity. MICA, a member of the MIC family, is widely expressed on many tumors, and it is the MICA/NKG2D interaction that is thought to stimulate the anti-tumor reactivity by T lymphocytes. MICA is present in virtually every tissue except the nervous system, suggesting that MIC protein expression may only be one component of the anti-tumor activity of the immune system.
- Cellular localizationPlasma membrane
- HLA class I antigen
- MHC class I chain related gene A protein
- MHC class I chain related protein A
- MHC class I polypeptide related sequence A
- MHC class I related protein
- MIC A
- Stress inducible class I homolog
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100592 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MICA Human ELISA Kit (ab100592)
ab100592 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.