Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (ab110168)
- Product nameMitochondria Isolation Kit for TissueSee all Mitochondria Isolation kits ...
- Sample typeTissue
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Product overview
ab110168 (MS850) contains sufficient reagents for up to 10 benchtop mitochondria isolations from hard or soft tissues. Isolated mitochondria can be analyzed by Western Blotting, Immunocapture, or Activity assay.
Tested tissues: brain, liver and heart
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit Isolation Buffer 1 x 100ml Wash Buffer 1 x 30ml
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110168 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue images
Rat liver mitochondria were isolated using Abcam's ab110169/MS851 Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (with Dounce Homogenizer). 2 µg (lane 1) and 10 µg (lane 2) of mitochondria were tested with Abcam's ab110413/MS604 (MitoProfile® Total OXPHOS Rodent WB Antibody Cocktail). Mitochondria are enriched and so Western blot band intensity of mitochondrial proteins is greater in these mitochondrial preparations when compared to homogenate at respective amounts, see lane 3 and 4
References for Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (ab110168)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cho KI et al. Distinct and atypical intrinsic and extrinsic cell death pathways between photoreceptor cell types upon specific ablation of Ranbp2 in cone photoreceptors. PLoS Genet 9:e1003555 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23818861) »
- Lehmann HC et al. Mitochondrial dysfunction in distal axons contributes to human immunodeficiency virus sensory neuropathy. Ann Neurol 69:100-10 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21280080) »