For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).
- FunctionInhibits the mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase complex by phosphorylation of the E1 alpha subunit, thus contributing to the regulation of glucose metabolism.
- Tissue specificityExpressed predominantly in the heart.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDK/BCKDK protein kinase family.
Contains 1 histidine kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
Information by UniProt
- [Pyruvate dehydrogenase [lipoamide]] kinase isozyme 1, mitochondrial antibody
- HGNC:8809 antibody
- Mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase isoenzyme 1 antibody
Anti-Mitochondrial Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 antibody images
Western blot - Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 antibody (ab47987)
References for Anti-Mitochondrial Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 antibody (ab47987)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dunford EC et al. PDH activation during in vitro muscle contractions in PDH kinase 2 knockout mice: effect of PDH kinase 1 compensation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R1487-93 (2011).
Read more (PubMed: 21411764) »
- Viñas-Castells R et al. The hypoxia-controlled FBXL14 ubiquitin ligase targets SNAIL1 for proteasome degradation. J Biol Chem 285:3794-805 (2010).
Read more (PubMed: 19955572) »
See all 2 Publications
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"