MitoTox™ Complex IV OXPHOS Activity Microplate Assay (ab109906)
- Product nameMitoTox™ Complex IV OXPHOS Activity Microplate AssaySee all Complex IV kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Assay typeDirect
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow
- Product overview
ab109906 MitoTox™ OXPHOS Complex IV Activity Kit (MTOX4) is designed for screening the direct inhibitory effect of compounds on Complex IV activity and does this using enzyme immunocaptured from Bovine heart mitochondria. Bovine heart mitochondria are provided in this kit as they are a rich source of Complex IV.
Store at -80°C: Bovine heart mitochondria
Store at -20°C: Reagent C (store at -80°C for long term storage)
Store at 4°C: Pre-coated 96-well plate, Blocking Buffer, Mito Buffer, Detergent
Store at room temperature or 4°C: Blocking powder and reagent reservoirs
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 96 tests 12-channel reagent reservoirs 2 units 1X Blocking Buffer (Solution 1) 1 x 70ml 1X Complex IV Mito Buffer (Solution 2) 1 x 110ml Bovine Heart Mitochondria 1 x 90µl Detergent 1 x 20µl Fat free powdered milk (Blocking powder) 1 x 1.8g Pre-coated 96-well microplate 1 unit Reagent C (Cytochrome c) 2 x 1ml
- Research Areas
- Cytochrome c oxidase
- Cytochrome oxidase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109906 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MitoTox™ Complex IV OXPHOS Activity Microplate Assay (ab109906)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lai K et al. Integrated Compound Profiling Screens Identify the Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain as the Molecular Target of the Natural Products Manassantin, Sesquicillin, and Arctigenin. ACS Chem Biol N/A:N/A (2012). Read more (PubMed: 23138533) »