Anti-MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78) antibody (ab34911)
- Product nameAnti-MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78) antibodySee all MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78)
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide: PLHSTAIYAD, corresponding to amino acids 73-83 of Human MLF1 Interacting Protein
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/5000 - 1/25000.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionComponent of the CENPA-NAC (nucleosome-associated) complex, a complex that plays a central role in assembly of kinetochore proteins, mitotic progression and chromosome segregation. The CENPA-NAC complex recruits the CENPA-CAD (nucleosome distal) complex and may be involved in incorporation of newly synthesized CENPA into centromeres. Plays an important role in the correct PLK1 localization to the mitotic kinetochores. A scaffold protein responsible for the initial recruitment and maintenance of the kinetochore PLK1 population until its degradation. Involved in transcriptional repression.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in the testis, fetal liver, thymus, bone marrow and at lower levels in the lymph nodes, placenta, colon and spleen. Present in all cell lines examined, including B-cells, T-cells, epithelial cells and fibroblast cells. Expressed at high levels in glioblastoma cell lines.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PLK1 at Thr-78, creating a self-tethering site that specifically interacts with the polo-box domain of PLK1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Localizes in the kinetochore domain of centromeres. Colocalizes with PLK1 at the interzone between the inner and the outer kinetochore plates.
- Entrez Gene: 617866 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 79682 Human
- Entrez Gene: 71876 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 306464 Rat
- Omim: 611511 Human
- SwissProt: Q2KIW5 Cow
- SwissProt: Q71F23 Human
- SwissProt: Q8C4M7 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q4V8G7 Rat
- Unigene: 575032 Human
- Unigene: 217385 Mouse
- Unigene: 22108 Mouse
- Unigene: 128609 Rat
- CENP U antibody
- CENP-50 antibody
- CENP-U antibody
- CENP50 antibody
- CENPU antibody
- CENPU_HUMAN antibody
- CENPU50 antibody
- centromere protein of 50 kDa antibody
- centromere protein U antibody
- FLJ23468 antibody
- HHV8 LNAIP1 antibody
- ICEN24 antibody
- Interphase centromere complex protein 24 antibody
- Kaposi Sarcoma Herpesvirus latent nuclear antigen interacting protein 1 antibody
- KLIP-1 antibody
- KLIP1 antibody
- KSHV latent nuclear antigen interacting protein 1 antibody
- KSHV latent nuclear antigen-interacting protein 1 antibody
- KSHV LNAIP1 antibody
- LNAIP 1 antibody
- LNAIP-1 antibody
- MLF1-interacting protein antibody
- MLF1IP antibody
- MLF1IP1 antibody
- PBIP1 antibody
- Polo-box-interacting protein 1 antibody
Anti-MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78) antibody images
ab34911 at 20 µg/ml staining mitotic cells in colon adenocarcinoma at 60X. The image shows localization of the antibody as the precipitated red signal, with a hematoxylin purple nuclear counterstain.
References for Anti-MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78) antibody (ab34911)
This product has been referenced in:
- Porter IM et al. Bod1 regulates protein phosphatase 2A at mitotic kinetochores. Nat Commun 4:2677 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 24157919) »
- Ishiguro K et al. A new meiosis-specific cohesin complex implicated in the cohesin code for homologous pairing. EMBO Rep 12:267-75 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21274006) »