MMP1 Human ELISA Kit (ab100604)
- Product nameMMP1 Human ELISA KitSee all MMP1 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 8 pg/ml
- Range24.69 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 91.47 78% - 103% Tissue Extracts 92.68 79% - 104%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s MMP1 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human MMP1 in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human MMP1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human MMP1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysate Buffer 1 x 5ml 440X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-Human MMP1 2 vials MMP1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human MMP1 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionCleaves collagens of types I, II, and III at one site in the helical domain. Also cleaves collagens of types VII and X. In case of HIV infection, interacts and cleaves the secreted viral Tat protein, leading to a decrease in neuronal Tat's mediated neurotoxicity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThere are two distinct domains in this protein; the catalytic N-terminal, and the C-terminal which is involved in substrate specificity and in binding TIMP (tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases).
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsUndergoes autolytic cleavage to two major forms (22 kDa and 27 kDa). A minor form (25 kDa) is the glycosylated form of the 22 kDa form. The 27 kDa form has no activity while the 22/25 kDa form can act as activator for collagenase.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- 27 kDa interstitial collagenase
- Fibroblast collagenase
- Interstitial collagenase
- Matrix metallopeptidase 1 (interstitial collagenase)
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 1
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1
- MMP 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100604 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MMP1 Human ELISA Kit (ab100604)
ab100604 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.