Anti-MMP3 antibody (ab38916)
- Product nameAnti-MMP3 antibodySee all MMP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP3
- Specificityab38916 recognises the Hinge region of MMP3. It does not cross react with the other Stromelysin forms (Stromelysin 2 and Stromelysin 3), nor to the other MMP family members (MMP1, MMP2, MMP9, etc). ab38916 does not recognize the 21 Kd active form.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide based on the hinge region of human MMP3.
(Peptide available as ab41045.)
- Positive control
- Cell medium from TPA treated human chondrosarcoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38916 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CHDS6 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 antibody
- MGC126102 antibody
- MGC126103 antibody
- MGC126104 antibody
- MMP 3 antibody
- MMP-3 antibody
- MMP3 antibody
- MMP3_HUMAN antibody
- Progelatinase antibody
- Proteoglycanase antibody
- SL 1 antibody
- SL-1 antibody
- SL1 antibody
- STMY antibody
- STMY1 antibody
- STR1 antibody
- Stromelisin 1 antibody
- Stromelysin 1 antibody
- Stromelysin 1 progelatinase antibody
- Stromelysin-1 antibody
- Transin 1 antibody
- Transin-1 antibody
Anti-MMP3 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MMP3 antibody (ab38916) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : human MMP3
Lane 2 : cell medium from untreated human chondrosarcoma
Lane 3 : cell medium from TPA treated human chondrosarcoma
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 45,57,59 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MMP3 antibody (ab38916)
ab38916 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.