MMP3 Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100731)
- Product nameMMP3 Mouse ELISA KitSee all MMP3 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range13.72 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 117.4 106% - 130% Serum 120.6 101% - 140% Plasma 111.6 101% - 137%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s MMP3 Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of mouse MMP3 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse MMP3 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP3 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse MMP3 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP3 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-mouse MMP-3 2 vials MMP-3 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse MMP-3 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MMP3 are the cause of susceptibility to coronary heart disease type 6 (CHDS6) [MIM:614466]. A multifactorial disease characterized by an imbalance between myocardial functional requirements and the capacity of the coronary vessels to supply sufficient blood flow. Decreased capacity of the coronary vessels is often associated with thickening and loss of elasticity of the coronary arteries. Note=A polymorphism in the MMP3 promoter region is associated with the risk of coronary heart disease and myocardial infarction, due to lower MMP3 proteolytic activity and higher extracellular matrix deposition in atherosclerotic lesions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3
- MMP 3
- SL 1
- Stromelisin 1
- Stromelysin 1
- Stromelysin 1 progelatinase
- Transin 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100731 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MMP3 Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100731)
ab100731 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.