Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab38996)
- Product nameAnti-MMP7 antibodySee all MMP7 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP7
- SpecificityAb38996 is directed to the propeptide region of MMP7, which is removed during activation of the enzyme. It binds to both the native and reduced proteins. The 18 kDa MMP7 active form is not detected, thus ab38996 can be used to discriminate between latent and active MMP7. The antibody does not cross react with the other MMP family members.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide based on the propeptide region of human MMP7.
(Peptide available as ab41061.)
- Positive control
- WB: Human MMP7 and cell media from pig kidney epithelia morphology (treated with IL1 alpha).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Recommended starting dilution of 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT and 1/5000 when using chemiluminescent substrates. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa. When used against the reduced protein, ab38996 identifies a band at about 28 kDa. Note: MMP7 does not appear to be produced by most normal quiescent cells, but treatment of many cell types with the phorbol ester TPA stimulates its production. Because of the low protein levels produced (pg/mL) concentration of cell culture media is often required to visualize the bands by Western blotting. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection. Not yet tested in other applications. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionDegrades casein, gelatins of types I, III, IV, and V, and fibronectin. Activates procollagenase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Matrilysin antibody
- Matrilysin uterine antibody
- Matrin antibody
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 7 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 antibody
- MMP 7 antibody
- MMP-7 antibody
- MMP7 antibody
- MMP7_HUMAN antibody
- MPSL1 antibody
- PUMP 1 antibody
- Pump 1 protease antibody
- Pump-1 protease antibody
- PUMP1 antibody
- Uterine Matrilysin antibody
- Uterine metalloproteinase antibody
Anti-MMP7 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab38996) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human MMP7
Lane 2 : Cell media from pig kidney, epithelial morphology (treated with IL1 alpha).
Predicted band size : 29 kDa
Observed band size : 23,29 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab38996 staining human normal placenta tissue. Staining is localised to extracellular space.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab38996)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sahul ZH et al. Targeted imaging of the spatial and temporal variation of matrix metalloproteinase activity in a porcine model of postinfarct remodeling: relationship to myocardial dysfunction. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:381-91 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21505092) »
- Dixon JA et al. Targeted regional injection of biocomposite microspheres alters post-myocardial infarction remodeling and matrix proteolytic pathways. Circulation 124:S35-45 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21911817) »