MMP8 Human ELISA Kit (ab100609)
- Product nameMMP8 Human ELISA KitSee all MMP8 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 6 pg/ml
- Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95.44 84% - 103% Serum 94.75 83% - 103% Plasma 97.13 85% - 104%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s MMP8 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human MMP8 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants. (Collect plasma using heparin as an anticoagulant. EDTA and Citrate are not recommended).
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human MMP8 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP8 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human MMP8 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP8 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 600X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Biotinylated anti-Human MMP8 2 vials MMP8 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human MMP8 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionCan degrade fibrillar type I, II, and III collagens.
- Tissue specificityNeutrophils.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Stored in intracellular granules.
- CLG 1
- Collagenase 1
- Collagenase 1 neutrophil
- Matrix metallopeptidase 8
- Matrix metalloproteinase 8 (neutrophil collagenase)
- Matrix metalloproteinase-8
- MMP 8
- Neutrophil collagenase
- PMNL CL
- PMNL collagenase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100609 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MMP8 Human ELISA Kit (ab100609)
ab100609 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.