Anti-mono methyl Arginine antibody [5D1] - ChIP Grade (ab415)
- Product nameAnti-mono methyl Arginine antibody [5D1] - ChIP GradeSee all mono methyl Arginine primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5D1] to mono methyl Arginine - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with free and bound NG-monomethyl arginine. There is no cross reaction with either NG-NG-dimethyl arginine or arginine.
- Tested applicationsWB, ChIP more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferConstituents: 0.75% Glycine, 1.21% Tris, 2% Sucrose
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes This antibody will be of central importance in analysing the methylation status of chromatin and transcription factors. Since it recognises monomethyl arginine only it can be used in parallel with ab413 (detects dimethyl arginine only) and ab412 (detects both monomethyl and dimethyl arginine) to monitor the exact modification status.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5D1
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab415 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use 5µl for 106 cells.|
- Arginine (mono methyl) antibody
Anti-mono methyl Arginine antibody [5D1] - ChIP Grade images
Sonicated Chromatin prepared from untreated or 17beta-estradiol (E2) treated MCF7 cells was subjected to the ChIP procedure (see protocol) with ab415 to mono methyl Arginine.
Immunoprecipitated chromatin was analysed in the proximal region of the estrogen-responsive pS2 promoter (as shown above) and quantified by real-time PCR (values are % of inputs). The primers are designed to follow the nucleosome E (including the Estrogen Responsive Element ERE). 5
µl of ab415 and 4x106 cells were used in each ChIP experiment.
We looked at chicken chromatin and then analysed 4 active genes (AG1-4), 2 inactive genes (IG1-2) as well as heterochromatin (Het). A "Yes" indicates that the antibody immunoprecipitated material well above background and should be regarded as a positive result.
Chromatin source: Chicken erythrocytes. Chromatin was formaldehyde crosslinked and then sonicated. The chromatin was then purified on a CsCl gradient.
ChIP: The Abcam protocol from the website was employed. Approximately 4-5 ug of each antibody was used with 30-40 ug of chromatin per ChIP.
PCR: An Applied Biosystems ABI 7000 Real-time PCR instrument was used. Taqman probe technology was used.
References for Anti-mono methyl Arginine antibody [5D1] - ChIP Grade (ab415)
This product has been referenced in:
- Raijmakers R et al. Methylation of arginine residues interferes with citrullination by peptidylarginine deiminases in vitro. J Mol Biol 367:1118-29 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17303166) »
- Cuthbert GL et al. Histone deimination antagonizes arginine methylation. Cell 118:545-53 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15339660) »