Mouse Lipocalin 2 full length protein (ab108588)
- Product nameMouse Lipocalin 2 full length proteinSee all Lipocalin 2 proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, DDDDK tag
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight25 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 200
- TagsDDDDK tag C-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108588 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Endotoxin level< 0.100 Eu/µg
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab108588 is 0.2 µm filtered.
- Additional NotesWorking aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- 25 kDa alpha 2 microglobulin related subunit of MMP9
- 25 kDa alpha-2-microglobulin-related subunit of MMP-9
- Alpha 2 microglobulin related protein
- Lcn 2
- Migration stimulating factor inhibitor
- Neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin
- Neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin precursor
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin
- Oncogene 24p3
- Oncogenic lipocalin 24p3
- siderocalin LCN2
- SV40 induced 24P3 protein
- FunctionIron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in bone marrow and in tissues that are prone to exposure to microorganism. High expression is found in bone marrow as well as in uterus, prostate, salivary gland, stomach, appendix, colon, trachea and lung. Not found in the small intestine or peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Upon binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, it is internalized.
References for Mouse Lipocalin 2 full length protein (ab108588)
ab108588 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.