Mouse SDF1 alpha full length protein (ab51939)
- Product nameMouse SDF1 alpha full length proteinSee all SDF1 alpha proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51939 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
>99% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses. Endotoxin level is <0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10mM Acetic acid
Endotoxin level is <0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- ReconstitutionWe recommend a quick spin followed by reconstitution in sterile distilled water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. (The protein may appear as a haze or film, which is difficult to see at the bottom of the vial.)
- C-X-C motif chemokine 12
- Intercrine reduced in hepatomas
- Pre-B cell growth-stimulating factor
- SDF 1 alpha
- Stromal cell derived factor 1
- FunctionChemoattractant active on T-lymphocytes, monocytes, but not neutrophils. Activates the C-X-C chemokine receptor CXCR4 to induce a rapid and transient rise in the level of intracellular calcium ions and chemotaxis. SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) show a reduced chemotactic activity. Binding to cell surface proteoglycans seems to inhibit formation of SDF-1-alpha(3-67) and thus to preserve activity on local sites. Acts as a positive regulator of monocyte migration and a negative regulator of monocyte adhesion via the Lyn kinase. Stimulates migration of monocytes through its receptor, CXCR4, and decreases monocyte adherence to surfaces coated with ICAM-1, a ligand for beta-2 integrins. SDF1A/CXCR4 signaling axis inhibits beta-2 integrin LFA-1 mediated adhesion of monocytes to ICAM-1 through Lyn kinase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsProcessed forms SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) are produced after secretion by proteolytic cleavage of isoforms Beta and Alpha, respectively. The N-terminal processing is probably achieved by DPP4. Isoform Alpha is first cleaved at the C-terminus to yield a SDF-1-alpha(1-67) intermediate before being processsed at the N-terminus. The C-terminal processing of isoform Alpha is reduced by binding to heparin and, probably, cell surface proteoglycans.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Mouse SDF1 alpha full length protein (ab51939)
ab51939 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.