Anti-mTOR (phospho S2448) [EPR426(2)] antibody (ab109268)
- Product nameAnti-mTOR (phospho S2448) [EPR426(2)] antibodySee all mTOR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR426(2)] to mTOR (phospho S2448)
- SpecificityThis antibody only detects mTOR/FRAP phosphorylated at serine 2448.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Serine 2448 of Human mTOR.
- Positive control
- 293T cell lysate; Human breast carcinoma tissue; HeLa cells.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR426(2)
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- DNA / RNA
- DNA Damage & Repair
- DNA Damage Response
- DNA Damage Recognition
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109268 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 289 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/100.|
- FunctionKinase subunit of both mTORC1 and mTORC2, which regulates cell growth and survival in response to nutrient and hormonal signals. mTORC1 is activated in response to growth factors or amino-acids. Growth factor-stimulated mTORC1 activation involves AKT1-mediated phosphorylation of TSC1-TSC2, which leads to the activation of the RHEB GTPase that potently activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Amino-acid-signaling to mTORC1 requires its relocalization to the lysosomes mediated by the Ragulator complex and the Rag GTPases. Activated mTORC1 up-regulates protein synthesis by phosphorylating key regulators of mRNA translation and ribosome synthesis. mTORC1 phosphorylates EIF4EBP1 and releases it from inhibiting the elongation initiation factor 4E (eiF4E). mTORC1 phosphorylates and activates S6K1 at 'Thr-421', which then promotes protein synthesis by phosphorylating PDCD4 and targeting it for degradation. Phosphorylates MAF1 leading to attenuation of its RNA polymerase III-repressive function. mTORC2 is also activated by growth. factors, but seems to be nutrient-insensitive. mTORC2 seems to function upstream of Rho GTPases to regulate the actin cytoskeleton, probably by activating one or more Rho-type guanine nucleotide exchange factors. mTORC2 promotes the serum-induced formation of stress-fibers or F-actin. mTORC2 plays a critical role in AKT1 'Ser-473' phosphorylation, which may facilitate the phosphorylation of the activation loop of AKT1 on 'Thr-308' by PDK1 which is a prerequisite for full activation. mTORC2 regulates the phosphorylation of SGK1 at 'Ser-422'. mTORC2 also modulates the phosphorylation of PRKCA on 'Ser-657'.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in numerous tissues, with highest levels in testis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 7 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated; when part of mTORC1 or mTORC2.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Mitochondrion outer membrane. Lysosome. Cytoplasm. Nucleus > PML body. Shuttles between cytoplasm and nucleus. Accumulates in the nucleus in response to hypoxia (By similarity). Targeting to lysosomes depends on amino acid availability and RRAGA and RRAGB.
- dJ576K7.1 (FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 1) antibody
- FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 1 antibody
- FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 2 antibody
- FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin complex associated protein 1 antibody
- FK506-binding protein 12-rapamycin complex-associated protein 1 antibody
- FKBP rapamycin associated protein antibody
- FKBP12 rapamycin complex associated protein antibody
- FKBP12-rapamycin complex-associated protein antibody
- FLJ44809 antibody
- FRAP antibody
- FRAP1 antibody
- FRAP2 antibody
- Mammalian target of rapamycin antibody
- Mechanistic target of rapamycin antibody
- mTOR antibody
- MTOR_HUMAN antibody
- OTTHUMP00000001983 antibody
- RAFT1 antibody
- Rapamycin and FKBP12 target 1 antibody
- Rapamycin associated protein FRAP2 antibody
- Rapamycin target protein 1 antibody
- Rapamycin target protein antibody
- RAPT1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase mTOR antibody
Anti-mTOR (phospho S2448) [EPR426(2)] antibody images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab109268 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab109268, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
All lanes : Anti-mTOR (phospho S2448) [EPR426(2)] antibody (ab109268) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate, treated with Alkaline Phosphatase
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 289 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue using ab109268 at a dilution of 1/50.
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using ab109268 at a dilution of 1/100.
References for Anti-mTOR (phospho S2448) [EPR426(2)] antibody (ab109268)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chung CH et al. Butein Inhibits Angiogenesis of Human Endothelial Progenitor Cells via the Translation Dependent Signaling Pathway. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:943187 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23840271) »
- Xu MY et al. Akebia saponin PA induces autophagic and apoptotic cell death in AGS human gastric cancer cells. Food Chem Toxicol 59:703-8 (2013). Human . Read more (PubMed: 23850994) »