For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).
- FunctionMay be related to cancer progression or tumor metastasis in a variety of organ sites, most likely through an interaction with the actin cytoskeleton.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues, including spleen, thymus, prostate, testis, uterus, colon, and peripheral blood.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MTSS1 family.
Contains 1 IMD (IRSp53/MIM homology) domain.
Contains 1 WH2 domain.
- DomainThe WH2 motif at the C-terminus binds to actin monomers.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton.
Information by UniProt
- 2310003N14Rik antibody
- BC024131 antibody
- D130001D01Rik antibody
Anti-MTSS1 antibody images
Western blot - MTSS1 antibody (ab72163)
Lanes 1 - 2 : Anti-MTSS1 antibody (ab72163) at 4 µg/ml
Lanes 3 - 4 : Anti-MTSS1 antibody (ab72163) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : pre immune sera
Lane 2 : human testis lysate
Lane 3 : mouse testis lysate
Lane 4 : rat testis lysate
Predicted band size : 83 kDa
Observed band size : 110 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 15 kDa,29 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-MTSS1 antibody (ab72163)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"