For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
- FunctionPlays a role in the regulation of ureagenesis by producing variable amounts of N-acetylglutamate (NAG), thus modulating carbamoylphosphate synthase I (CPSI) activity.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in the adult liver, kidney and small intestine. Weakly expressed in the fetal liver, lung, pancreas, placenta, heart and brain tissue.
- PathwayAmino-acid biosynthesis; L-arginine biosynthesis; N(2)-acetyl-L-ornithine from L-glutamate: step 1/4.
- Involvement in diseaseN-acetylglutamate synthase deficiency
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the acetyltransferase family.
Contains 1 N-acetyltransferase domain.
modificationsProbably processed by mitochondrial processing peptidase (MPP). The long form has not yet been isolated.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
Information by UniProt
- 1700120E20Rik antibody
- AGAS antibody
- AI415708 antibody
Anti-NAGS antibody images
References for Anti-NAGS antibody (ab65536)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"