Naltrexone hydrochloride (ab120075)
- Product nameNaltrexone hydrochloride
- DescriptionOpioid antagonist
- Biological descriptionCompetitive opioid receptor antagonist. (Ki values are 1.55 nM, 7.84 nM and 0.71 nM for μ, δ, and κ-receptors respectively).
- Purity> 98%
- Chemical name(5α)-17-(Cyclopropylmethyl)-4,5-epoxy-3,14-dihydromorphinan-6-one hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight377.87
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC20H23NO4.HCl
- CAS Number16676-29-2
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Naltrexone hydrochloride (ab120075)
This product has been referenced in:
- Uwai K et al. Syntheses and receptor-binding studies of derivatives of the opioid antagonist naltrexone. Bioorg Med Chem 12:417-21 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 14723960) »
- Takemori AE & Portoghese PS Comparative antagonism by naltrexone and naloxone of mu, kappa, and delta agonists. Eur J Pharmacol 104:101-4 (1984). Read more (PubMed: 6094203) »