For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.58% Sodium chloride, 0.24% Tris, pH 7.4
- Carcinoembryonic antigen
- Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 5
- FunctionCell surface glycoprotein that plays a role in cell adhesion and in intracellular signaling. Receptor for E.coli Dr adhesins.
- Tissue specificityFound in adenocarcinomas of endodermally derived digestive system epithelium and fetal colon.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CEA family.
Contains 7 Ig-like (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
modificationsComplex immunoreactive glycoprotein with a MW of 180 kDa comprising 60% carbohydrate.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
References for Natural Human Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA protein (ab81699)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"