For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids27 to 264
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific activity: 135 U/mg on substrate elastin-orcein (570 nm).
- Purity> 95
ab94938 was chromatographically prepared from the euglobin fraction of porcine pancreas.
- Additional notesab94938 is supplied as a salt free lyophilized powder that is free of trypsin and chymotrypsin.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. After reconstitution store at -20ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 0.05 M Na Acetate and 0.1 M NaCl pH 5.0 to 1 mg/ml or desired concentration, then aliquot and freeze remaining portion.
- FunctionActs upon elastin.
- Tissue specificitySkin; not expressed in pancreas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Elastase subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Natural pig CELA1 protein (ab94938)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"