NBQX disodium salt (ab120046)
- Product nameNBQX disodium salt
- DescriptionAMPA / kainate antagonist; water soluble
- Biological descriptionWater soluble, potent, selective and competitive AMPA/kainate receptor antagonist. Neuroprotective and anticonvulsant in vivo.
- Purity> 98%
- Chemical name2,3-Dioxo-6-nitro-1,2,3,4-tetrahydrobenzo[f]quinoxaline-7-sulfonamide disodium salt
- Molecular Weight380.24
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC12H6N4Na2O6S
- CAS Number118876-58-7
- PubChem identifier3272523
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
NBQX disodium salt images
ab96379 staining MEK1 (phospho S298) in SK-N-SH cells treated with NBQX disodium salt (ab120046), by ICC/IF. Decrease in MEK1 (phospho S298) expression correlates with increased concentration of NBQX disodium salt, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120046 (NBQX disodium salt) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab96379 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
References for NBQX disodium salt (ab120046)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kew JN & Kemp JA Ionotropic and metabotropic glutamate receptor structure and pharmacology. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 179:4-29 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15731895) »
- Randle JC et al. Competitive inhibition by NBQX of kainate/AMPA receptor currents and excitatory synaptic potentials: importance of 6-nitro substitution. Eur J Pharmacol 215:237-44 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1382998) »
- Sheardown MJ et al. 2,3-Dihydroxy-6-nitro-7-sulfamoyl-benzo(F)quinoxaline: a neuroprotectant for cerebral ischemia. Science 247:571-4 (1990). Read more (PubMed: 2154034) »