For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-NCAM antibody
See all NCAM primary antibodies
Goat polyclonal to NCAM
- Specificityab118291 is expected to recognize reported isoform 2 (NP_851996.2) only.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
- Species reactivity
HumanPredicted to work with:
Rat, Cow, Pig
KASWTRPEKQETLD with a Cysteine residue linker, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 353-366 of Human NCAM (NP_851996.2).
- Positive control
- Human brain cerebellum, cerebral and frontal cortex lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab118291 is purified from Goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.03 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 94 kDa). The observed molecular weight corresponds to the glycosylated form.
- FunctionThis protein is a cell adhesion molecule involved in neuron-neuron adhesion, neurite fasciculation, outgrowth of neurites, etc.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- antigen MSK39 identified by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- CD56 antibody
Anti-NCAM antibody images
Western blot - Anti-NCAM antibody (ab118291)
References for Anti-NCAM antibody (ab118291)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"