Nefazodone hydrochloride (ab120587)
- Product nameNefazodone hydrochloride
- DescriptionPotent 5-HT2A antagonist
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name2-[3-[4-(3-Chlorophenyl)-1-piperazinyl]propyl]-5-ethyl-2,4-dihydro-4-(2-phenoxyethyl)-3H-1,2,4-triazol-3-one hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight506.47
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC25H32ClN5O2.HCl
- CAS Number82752-99-6
- PubChem identifier54911
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM, in ethanol to 10 mM and in 1 eq. HCl to 10 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Nefazodone hydrochloride (ab120587)
This product has been referenced in:
- Owens MJ et al. Neurotransmitter receptor and transporter binding profile of antidepressants and their metabolites. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 283:1305-22 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9400006) »
- Taylor DP et al. Pharmacology and neurochemistry of nefazodone, a novel antidepressant drug. J Clin Psychiatry 56 Suppl 6:3-11 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7649970) »
- Cusack B et al. Binding of antidepressants to human brain receptors: focus on newer generation compounds. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 114:559-65 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 7855217) »