Anti-Nestin antibody [2C1.3A11] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab18102)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [2C1.3A11] - Neural Stem Cell MarkerSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2C1.3A11] to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withRat
A 150 amino acid fragment from the cloned human Nestin.
- General notes
This highly specific antibody to human nestin can aid in characterizing progenitor cells differentiating into distinct lineages, in enhancing the therapeutic potential of human neural stem/progenitor cells in the treatment of CNS diseases or injury, and in identifying neuroepithelial tumor cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Primary antibody notes This highly specific antibody to human nestin can aid in characterizing progenitor cells differentiating into distinct lineages, in enhancing the therapeutic potential of human neural stem/progenitor cells in the treatment of CNS diseases or injury, and in identifying neuroepithelial tumor cells.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2C1.3A11
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18102 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/200.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody [2C1.3A11] - Neural Stem Cell Marker images
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab18102 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab18102, 1/200 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Immunohistochemistry of Anti-Nestin on formalin fixed paraffin embedded prostate nerve tissue using ab18102
Immunofluorescence staining of U251 cells (glioblastoma cell line) stained using ab18102(green) and bisbenzimide (blue)
References for Anti-Nestin antibody [2C1.3A11] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab18102)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sherry MM et al. STAT3 is required for proliferation and maintenance of multipotency in glioblastoma stem cells. Stem Cells 27:2383-92 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19658181) »
- Messam CA et al. Coexpression of nestin in neural and glial cells in the developing human CNS defined by a human-specific anti-nestin antibody. Exp Neurol 161:585-96 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 10686078) »