For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 225 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 138 kDa).
- FunctionCell adhesion, ankyrin-binding protein which may be involved in neurite extension, axonal guidance, synaptogenesis, myelination and neuron-glial cell interactions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. L1/neurofascin/NgCAM family.
Contains 5 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 6 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- KIAA0756 antibody
- Neurofascin antibody
- Neurofascin homolog antibody
Anti-Neurofascin antibody images
Western blot - Neurofascin antibody (ab90979)
All lanes : Anti-Neurofascin antibody (ab90979) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate (ab7942)
Lane 2 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate (ab27253)
Lane 3 : Spinal Cord (Mouse) Tissue Lysate (ab50253)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) (ab65484) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 138 kDa
Observed band size : 225 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 32 kDa,85 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-Neurofascin antibody (ab90979)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"