Anti-NF-kB p65 [6H7] antibody (ab91626)
- Product nameAnti-NF-kB p65 [6H7] antibodySee all NF-kB p65 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6H7] to NF-kB p65
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human NF-kB p65 aa 136-224.
- Positive control
- Jurkat, K-562 or NIH 3T3 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number6H7
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91626 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1000.|
- FunctionNF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF-kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52 and the heterodimeric p65-p50 complex appears to be most abundant one. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF-kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. NF-kappa-B heterodimeric p65-p50 and p65-c-Rel complexes are transcriptional activators. The NF-kappa-B p65-p65 complex appears to be involved in invasin-mediated activation of IL-8 expression. The inhibitory effect of I-kappa-B upon NF-kappa-B the cytoplasm is exerted primarily through the interaction with p65. p65 shows a weak DNA-binding site which could contribute directly to DNA binding in the NF-kappa-B complex. Associates with chromatin at the NF-kappa-B promoter region via association with DDX1.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
- Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsUbiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Degradation is required for termination of NF-kappa-B response.
Monomethylated at Lys-310 by SETD6. Monomethylation at Lys-310 is recognized by the ANK repeats of EHMT1 and promotes the formation of repressed chromatin at target genes, leading to down-regulation of NF-kappa-B transcription factor activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 without preventing monomethylation at Lys-310 and relieves the repression of target genes.
Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 and promotes transcription factor activity (By similarity). Phosphorylation on Ser-536 stimulates acetylation on Lys-310 and interaction with CBP; the phosphorylated and acetylated forms show enhanced transcriptional activity.
Reversibly acetylated; the acetylation seems to be mediated by CBP, the deacetylation by HDAC3. Acetylation at Lys-122 enhances DNA binding and impairs association with NFKBIA. Acetylation at Lys-310 is required for full transcriptional activity in the absence of effects on DNA binding and NFKBIA association. Acetylation can also lower DNA-binding and results in nuclear export. Interaction with BRMS1 promotes deacetylation of 'Lys-310'.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear, but also found in the cytoplasm in an inactive form complexed to an inhibitor (I-kappa-B). Colocalized with RELA in the nucleus upon TNF-alpha induction.
- Avian reticuloendotheliosis viral (v rel) oncogene homolog A antibody
- MGC131774 antibody
- NF kappa B p65delta3 antibody
- NFKB3 antibody
- Nuclear Factor NF Kappa B p65 Subunit antibody
- Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p65 subunit antibody
- Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 antibody
- Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233473 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233474 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233475 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233476 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233900 antibody
- p65 antibody
- p65 NF kappaB antibody
- p65 NFkB antibody
- RELA antibody
- TF65_HUMAN antibody
- Transcription Factor p65 antibody
- v rel avian reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 (p65)) antibody
- v rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (avian) antibody
- V rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A, nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3, p65 antibody
Anti-NF-kB p65 [6H7] antibody images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab91626 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab91626, 1:1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
All lanes : Anti-NF-kB p65 [6H7] antibody (ab91626) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : K-562 cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
References for Anti-NF-kB p65 [6H7] antibody (ab91626)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chu CS et al. Electronegative low-density lipoprotein increases C-reactive protein expression in vascular endothelial cells through the LOX-1 receptor. PLoS One 8:e70533 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23950953) »