Anti-NF-kB p65 antibody (ab90532)
- Product nameAnti-NF-kB p65 antibodySee all NF-kB p65 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NF-kB p65
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises both p65 and p65 in complex with p50 as NFkB.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human NF-kB p65 conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH).
- Positive control
- HeLa Cell Lysate. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell line: T24/83.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90532 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionNF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF-kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52 and the heterodimeric p65-p50 complex appears to be most abundant one. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF-kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. NF-kappa-B heterodimeric p65-p50 and p65-c-Rel complexes are transcriptional activators. The NF-kappa-B p65-p65 complex appears to be involved in invasin-mediated activation of IL-8 expression. The inhibitory effect of I-kappa-B upon NF-kappa-B the cytoplasm is exerted primarily through the interaction with p65. p65 shows a weak DNA-binding site which could contribute directly to DNA binding in the NF-kappa-B complex. Associates with chromatin at the NF-kappa-B promoter region via association with DDX1.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
- Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsUbiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Degradation is required for termination of NF-kappa-B response.
Monomethylated at Lys-310 by SETD6. Monomethylation at Lys-310 is recognized by the ANK repeats of EHMT1 and promotes the formation of repressed chromatin at target genes, leading to down-regulation of NF-kappa-B transcription factor activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 without preventing monomethylation at Lys-310 and relieves the repression of target genes.
Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 and promotes transcription factor activity (By similarity). Phosphorylation on Ser-536 stimulates acetylation on Lys-310 and interaction with CBP; the phosphorylated and acetylated forms show enhanced transcriptional activity.
Reversibly acetylated; the acetylation seems to be mediated by CBP, the deacetylation by HDAC3. Acetylation at Lys-122 enhances DNA binding and impairs association with NFKBIA. Acetylation at Lys-310 is required for full transcriptional activity in the absence of effects on DNA binding and NFKBIA association. Acetylation can also lower DNA-binding and results in nuclear export. Interaction with BRMS1 promotes deacetylation of 'Lys-310'.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear, but also found in the cytoplasm in an inactive form complexed to an inhibitor (I-kappa-B). Colocalized with RELA in the nucleus upon TNF-alpha induction.
- Entrez Gene: 508233 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 483729 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 100724366 Guinea pig
- Entrez Gene: 5970 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19697 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100135665 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 309165 Rat
- Omim: 164014 Human
- SwissProt: Q04206 Human
- SwissProt: Q04207 Mouse
- Unigene: 502875 Human
- Unigene: 249966 Mouse
- Unigene: 19480 Rat
- Avian reticuloendotheliosis viral (v rel) oncogene homolog A antibody
- MGC131774 antibody
- NF kappa B p65delta3 antibody
- NFKB3 antibody
- Nuclear Factor NF Kappa B p65 Subunit antibody
- Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p65 subunit antibody
- Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 antibody
- Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233473 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233474 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233475 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233476 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233900 antibody
- p65 antibody
- p65 NF kappaB antibody
- p65 NFkB antibody
- RELA antibody
- TF65_HUMAN antibody
- Transcription Factor p65 antibody
- v rel avian reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 (p65)) antibody
- v rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (avian) antibody
- V rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A, nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3, p65 antibody
Anti-NF-kB p65 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab90532 stained T24/83 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab90532 at 5 µg/mL overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-NF-kB p65 antibody (ab90532)
ab90532 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.