Anti-NF-kB p65 (phospho S529) [EPR2379] antibody (ab109458)
- Product nameAnti-NF-kB p65 (phospho S529) [EPR2379] antibodySee all NF-kB p65 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2379] to NF-kB p65 (phospho S529)
- SpecificityThis antibody only detects NF-kB p65 when phosphorylated at serine 529.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding serine 529 of Human NFkB p65.
- Positive control
- Daudi cell lysate.
- General notes
Produced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR2379
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109458 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/100 - 1/500.|
- FunctionNF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF-kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52 and the heterodimeric p65-p50 complex appears to be most abundant one. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF-kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. NF-kappa-B heterodimeric p65-p50 and p65-c-Rel complexes are transcriptional activators. The NF-kappa-B p65-p65 complex appears to be involved in invasin-mediated activation of IL-8 expression. The inhibitory effect of I-kappa-B upon NF-kappa-B the cytoplasm is exerted primarily through the interaction with p65. p65 shows a weak DNA-binding site which could contribute directly to DNA binding in the NF-kappa-B complex. Associates with chromatin at the NF-kappa-B promoter region via association with DDX1.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
- Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsUbiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Degradation is required for termination of NF-kappa-B response.
Monomethylated at Lys-310 by SETD6. Monomethylation at Lys-310 is recognized by the ANK repeats of EHMT1 and promotes the formation of repressed chromatin at target genes, leading to down-regulation of NF-kappa-B transcription factor activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 without preventing monomethylation at Lys-310 and relieves the repression of target genes.
Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 and promotes transcription factor activity (By similarity). Phosphorylation on Ser-536 stimulates acetylation on Lys-310 and interaction with CBP; the phosphorylated and acetylated forms show enhanced transcriptional activity.
Reversibly acetylated; the acetylation seems to be mediated by CBP, the deacetylation by HDAC3. Acetylation at Lys-122 enhances DNA binding and impairs association with NFKBIA. Acetylation at Lys-310 is required for full transcriptional activity in the absence of effects on DNA binding and NFKBIA association. Acetylation can also lower DNA-binding and results in nuclear export. Interaction with BRMS1 promotes deacetylation of 'Lys-310'.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear, but also found in the cytoplasm in an inactive form complexed to an inhibitor (I-kappa-B). Colocalized with RELA in the nucleus upon TNF-alpha induction.
- Avian reticuloendotheliosis viral (v rel) oncogene homolog A antibody
- MGC131774 antibody
- NF kappa B p65delta3 antibody
- NFKB3 antibody
- Nuclear Factor NF Kappa B p65 Subunit antibody
- Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p65 subunit antibody
- Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 antibody
- Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233473 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233474 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233475 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233476 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000233900 antibody
- p65 antibody
- p65 NF kappaB antibody
- p65 NFkB antibody
- relA antibody
- TF65_HUMAN antibody
- Transcription factor p65 antibody
- v rel avian reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 (p65)) antibody
- v rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (avian) antibody
- V rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A, nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3, p65 antibody
Anti-NF-kB p65 (phospho S529) [EPR2379] antibody images
All lanes : Anti-NF-kB p65 (phospho S529) [EPR2379] antibody (ab109458) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Daudi cell lysates untreated with Calyculin A and TNF-alpha.
Lane 2 : Daudi cell lysates treated with Calyculin A and TNF-alpha.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP-labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
References for Anti-NF-kB p65 (phospho S529) [EPR2379] antibody (ab109458)
ab109458 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.