For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 0.625 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
- FunctionAfter binding acetylcholine, the AChR responds by an extensive change in conformation that affects all subunits and leads to opening of an ion-conducting channel across the plasma membrane.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Acetylcholine receptor (TC 1.A.9.1) subfamily. Alpha-3/CHRNA3 sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- ACHA3_HUMAN antibody
- AChR antibody
- Cholinergic receptor neuronal nicotinic alpha polypeptide 3 antibody
Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 3 antibody images
Western blot - Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 3 antibody (ab55773)
Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 3 antibody (ab55773) at 0.625 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG should be diluted in 1: 50,000 - 100,000
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 3 antibody (ab55773)
This product has been referenced in:
- Paliwal A et al. Aberrant DNA methylation links cancer susceptibility locus 15q25.1 to apoptotic regulation and lung cancer. Cancer Res 70:2779-88 (2010).
Read more (PubMed: 20332232) »
See 1 Publication
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"