Anti-nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417) antibody (ab5583)
- Product nameAnti-nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417) antibodySee all nNOS (neuronal) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417)
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Human, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5583 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20881244|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 160 kDa.Can be blocked with Human nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417) peptide (ab41773).|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/500. PubMed: 20881244|
- FunctionProduces nitric oxide (NO) which is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body. In the brain and peripheral nervous system, NO displays many properties of a neurotransmitter. Probably has nitrosylase activity and mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of cytoplasmic target proteins such SRR.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitously expressed: detected in skeletal muscle and brain, also in testis, lung and kidney, and at low levels in heart, adrenal gland and retina. Not detected in the platelets. Isoform 3 is expressed only in testis. Isoform 4 is detected in testis, skeletal muscle, lung, and kidney, at low levels in the brain, but not in the heart and adrenal gland.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOS family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 flavodoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
- DomainThe PDZ domain in the N-terminal part of the neuronal isoform participates in protein-protein interaction, and is responsible for targeting nNos to synaptic membranes in muscles. Mediates interaction with VAC14.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by STUB1/CHIP in the presence of Hsp70 and Hsp40 (in vitro).
- Cellular localizationCell membrane > sarcolemma. Cell projection > dendritic spine. In skeletal muscle, it is localized beneath the sarcolemma of fast-twitch muscle fiber by associating with the dystrophin glycoprotein complex. In neurons, enriched in dendritic spines.
- Entrez Gene: 4842 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18125 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100009243 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 24598 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 60658 Zebrafish
- Omim: 163731 Human
- SwissProt: P29475 Human
- SwissProt: Q9Z0J4 Mouse
- SwissProt: O19132 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P29476 Rat
- Unigene: 654410 Human
- Unigene: 684465 Human
- Unigene: 684466 Human
- Unigene: 684467 Human
- Unigene: 442195 Mouse
- Unigene: 44249 Mouse
- Unigene: 10573 Rat
- 2310005C01Rik antibody
- bNOS antibody
- Constitutive NOS antibody
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibody
- IHPS 1 antibody
- IHPS1 antibody
- N NOS antibody
- N-NOS antibody
- NC NOS antibody
- NC-NOS antibody
- neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase antibody
- Neuronal NOS antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase , neuronal, included antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal) antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 1 antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase brain antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase, brain antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase, penile neuronal, included antibody
- nNOS antibody
- NO antibody
- NOS 1 antibody
- NOS antibody
- NOS type I antibody
- NOS-I antibody
- NOS1 antibody
- NOS1_HUMAN antibody
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS1 antibody
Anti-nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417) antibody images
ab5583 staining nNOS (phospho S1417) in Mouse brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with formalin, permeabilized with 0.25% Triton X-100 and blocked with 3% serum for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS + Triton X-10 + normal donkey serum) for 48 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/10000) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417) antibody (ab5583)
This product has been referenced in:
- Garzón J et al. RGSZ2 Binds to the Neural Nitric Oxide Synthase PDZ Domain to Regulate Mu-Opioid Receptor-Mediated Potentiation of the N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptor-Calmodulin-Dependent Protein Kinase II Pathway. Antioxid Redox Signal 15:873-87 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21348811) »
- Donato J et al. Leptin Induces Phosphorylation of Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase in Defined Hypothalamic Neurons. Endocrinology : (2010). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20881244) »