Anti-Non Neuronal Enolase antibody (ab87925)
- Product nameAnti-Non Neuronal Enolase antibodySee all Non Neuronal Enolase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Non Neuronal Enolase
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Pig, Macaque Monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 200 - 300 of Human Non Neuronal Enolase.
(Peptide available as ab98944.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; MCF7.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87925 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Non Neuronal Enolase peptide (ab98944).|
- FunctionMultifunctional enzyme that, as well as its role in glycolysis, plays a part in various processes such as growth control, hypoxia tolerance and allergic responses. May also function in the intravascular and pericellular fibrinolytic system due to its ability to serve as a receptor and activator of plasminogen on the cell surface of several cell-types such as leukocytes and neurons. Stimulates immunoglobulin production.
MBP1 binds to the myc promoter and acts as a transcriptional repressor. May be a tumor suppressor.
- Tissue specificityThe alpha/alpha homodimer is expressed in embryo and in most adult tissues. The alpha/beta heterodimer and the beta/beta homodimer are found in striated muscle, and the alpha/gamma heterodimer and the gamma/gamma homodimer in neurons.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 4/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the enolase family.
- Developmental stageDuring ontogenesis, there is a transition from the alpha/alpha homodimer to the alpha/beta heterodimer in striated muscle cells, and to the alpha/gamma heterodimer in nerve cells.
- Cellular localizationNucleus and Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > M line. Can translocate to the plasma membrane in either the homodimeric (alpha/alpha) or heterodimeric (alpha/gamma) form. ENO1 is localized to the M line.
- Entrez Gene: 281141 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 2023 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100045967 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100503183 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 13806 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 433182 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 406872 Pig
- Omim: 172430 Human
- SwissProt: Q9XSJ4 Cow
- SwissProt: P06733 Human
- SwissProt: P17182 Mouse
- Unigene: 517145 Human
- Unigene: 372357 Mouse
- Unigene: 372389 Mouse
- Unigene: 70666 Mouse
- 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase antibody
- alpha enolase like 1 antibody
- Alpha-enolase antibody
- bh3 interacting domain death agonist antibody
- c-myc promoter-binding protein 1 antibody
- C-myc promoter-binding protein antibody
- c-myc promoter-binding protein-1 antibody
- ENO1 antibody
- ENO1L1 antibody
- ENOA_HUMAN antibody
- enolase 1 (alpha) antibody
- Enolase 1 antibody
- HAP 47 antibody
- HAP47 antibody
- MBP-1 antibody
- MPB 1 antibody
- MPB-1 antibody
- MPB1 antibody
- MYC promoter-binding protein 1 antibody
- NNE antibody
- Non-neural enolase antibody
- OTTHUMP00000001706 antibody
- Phosphopyruvate hydratase antibody
- Plasminogen-binding protein antibody
- PPH antibody
- tau-crystallin antibody
Anti-Non Neuronal Enolase antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Non Neuronal Enolase antibody (ab87925) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 47 kDa
Observed band size : 51 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds Human Alpha-enolase contains a number of potential phosphorylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ICC/IF image of ab87925 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab87925, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgX (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in % PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa cells at 1µg/ml.
References for Anti-Non Neuronal Enolase antibody (ab87925)
ab87925 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.