Normal Goat Serum (ab7481)
- Product nameNormal Goat SerumSee all Goat Serum reagents ...
- Host speciesGoat
- Tested applicationsBlocking, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- General notesThis product is not for use in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS) or HIV. It is for research use only and not intended for diagnostic or therapeutic use of any kind. Abcam therefore strictly forbids the purchase of this product for diagnostic or therapeutic use of any kind. "Caprivax", the new MS drug currently undergoing trials, is obtained from the serum of goats immunised to produce certain antibodies. Abcam's goat serum is NOT from such goats and therefore does not contain the antibodies in question. In other words, this product is not "Caprivax". It is for this reason, we regret, that our product is of no use whatsoever in connection with the treatment of MS.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Reagent notes Strain: Mixed breed and sex.
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7481 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Blocking||BL: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
References for Normal Goat Serum (ab7481)
This product has been referenced in:
- Najm FJ et al. Transcription factor-mediated reprogramming of fibroblasts to expandable, myelinogenic oligodendrocyte progenitor cells. Nat Biotechnol 31:426-33 (2013). Blocking . Read more (PubMed: 23584611) »
- Witasp A et al. Elevated circulating levels and tissue expression of pentraxin 3 in uremia: a reflection of endothelial dysfunction. PLoS One 8:e63493 (2013). IHC-Fr ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23658833) »