Anti-Nsp1p antibody [32D6 ] - Nuclear Envelope and Nuclear Pore Marker (ab4641)
- Product nameAnti-Nsp1p antibody [32D6 ] - Nuclear Envelope and Nuclear Pore Marker
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [32D6 ] to Nsp1p - Nuclear Envelope and Nuclear Pore Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody was initially identified as directed against a nuclear pore complex antigen by immunofluorescence localization. A screen of a lgt11 expression library yielded a single positive clone carrying an insert bearing ~66% of the C-terminal portion of NSP1. To confirm that 32D6 possessed high affinity for Nsp1p, strain RS453, which expresses a shortened isoform of Nsp1p, was compared to the wildtype strain BJ5465. NSP1 in RS453 contains an internal deletion that removes the coding sequence for 6 FXFG repeats, which are not essential for function and encodes a protein that has been observed to migrate at approxmately 85 kDa on SDS gels. The predicted size of wildtype Nsp1p is 86.5 kDa, but Nsp1p has been observed to migrate on SDS gels at ~100 kDa. In our gels, the apparent molecular mass of wildtype Nsp1p was 108 kDa, whereas the short isoform of Nsp1p in RS453 migrated at 91 kDa. The detection of two protein bands of apparent sizes 108 kDa and 91 kDa in BJ5465 and RS453, respectively, demonstrated that 32D6 recognized the pore complex protein Nsp1p.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
This was raised against a yeast nucleolar prep, and screened by immunocytochemistry and western blotting.
- General notes
This antibody is a useful marker of yeast nuclear pores.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue Culture Supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesSterile filtered.
- Primary antibody notes This antibody is a useful marker of yeast nuclear pores.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number32D6
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4641 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/10000 (cell lysates) - 1/50000 (nuclear fractions). For other (non-ECL) detection methods, 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 108 kDa and 91 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceNSP1 functions as a component of the nuclear pore complex (NPC). It plays an important role in several nuclear transport pathways including poly(A)+ RNA, tRNA, pre-ribosome, signal recognition particle (SRP), and protein transport.
- Cellular localizationNuclear membrane: part of the nuclear pore complex, it presents a symmetric distribution with a cytoplasmic and a nucleoplasmic side.
- NSP 1 antibody
- NSP1 antibody
- Nsp1p antibody
- Nuclear pore protein NSP1 antibody
- Nucleoporin NSP1 antibody
- Nucleoskeletal-like protein antibody
- p110 antibody
Anti-Nsp1p antibody [32D6 ] - Nuclear Envelope and Nuclear Pore Marker images
ab4641 (1/5000) detecting Nsp1p in Saccharomyces cerevisae DDY1810 (green). Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized in methanol/acetone and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus (blue). For further experimental details please refer to Abreview.
References for Anti-Nsp1p antibody [32D6 ] - Nuclear Envelope and Nuclear Pore Marker (ab4641)
This product has been referenced in:
- Colombi P et al. The transmission of nuclear pore complexes to daughter cells requires a cytoplasmic pool of Nsp1. J Cell Biol 203:215-32 (2013). WB, ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 24165936) »
- Ringel AE et al. Yeast Tdh3 (glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase) is a Sir2-interacting factor that regulates transcriptional silencing and rDNA recombination. PLoS Genet 9:e1003871 (2013). ICC/IF ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . Read more (PubMed: 24146631) »