- Product nameO-1602
- DescriptionPotent, selective GPR55 agonist
- Biological descriptionAnalogue of cannabidiol that is a potent agonist at the GPR55 cannabinoid receptor (EC50 values are 13, > 30000 and > 30000 nM for GPR55, CB1 and CB2 receptors respectively). Inhibits mouse osteoclast formation in vitro, stimulates osteoclast polarization and resorption, causes activation of Rho and ERK1/2, and inhibits human neutrophil migration.
- Purity> 98%
- General notes
Sold under license from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Chemical name5-Methyl-4-((1R,6R)-3-methyl-6-(prop-1-en-2-yl)cyclohex-2-enyl)benzene-1,3-diol
- Molecular Weight258.36
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC17H22O2
- CAS Number317321-41-8
- PubChem identifier45073499
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSupplied in methyl acetate (10 mg/ml)
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for O-1602 (ab120407)
This product has been referenced in:
- Whyte LS et al. The putative cannabinoid receptor GPR55 affects osteoclast function in vitro and bone mass in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16511-6 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19805329) »
- McHugh D et al. Inhibition of human neutrophil chemotaxis by endogenous cannabinoids and phytocannabinoids: evidence for a site distinct from CB1 and CB2. Mol Pharmacol 73:441-50 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 17965195) »
- Ryberg E et al. The orphan receptor GPR55 is a novel cannabinoid receptor. Br J Pharmacol 152:1092-101 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17876302) »