Anti-Oct-4 antibody (ab83498)
- Product nameAnti-Oct-4 antibodySee all Oct-4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Oct-4
- SpecificityDoes not cross react with Oct-1 or Oct-2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, Dot Blot more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Oct-4 (intracellular).
- Positive control
- Mouse kidney tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: Proclin
Constituents: PBS, BSA, Glycerol, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesAffinity Purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83498 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
|Dot Blot||Dot: 1/1000.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Forms a trimeric complex with SOX2 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206. Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in developing brain. Highest levels found in specific cell layers of the cortex, the olfactory bulb, the hippocampus and the cerebellum. Low levels of expression in adult tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-5 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
- Developmental stageHighly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and expression decreases gradually after embryoid body (EB) formation.
- DomainThe POU-specific domain mediates interaction with PKM2.
modificationsSumoylation enhances the protein stability, DNA binding and transactivation activity. Sumoylation is required for enhanced YES1 expression.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Expressed in a diffuse and slightly punctuate pattern.
- MGC22487 antibody
- Oct 3 antibody
- Oct 4 antibody
- Oct-3 antibody
- Oct-4 antibody
- OCT3 antibody
- Oct4 antibody
- Octamer binding protein 3 antibody
- Octamer binding protein 4 antibody
- Octamer binding transcription factor 3 antibody
- Octamer-binding protein 3 antibody
- Octamer-binding protein 4 antibody
- Octamer-binding transcription factor 3 antibody
- OTF 3 antibody
- OTF 4 antibody
- OTF-3 antibody
- OTF3 antibody
- OTF4 antibody
- PO5F1_HUMAN antibody
- POU class 5 homeobox 1 antibody
- POU domain class 5 transcription factor 1 antibody
- POU domain transcription factor OCT4 antibody
- POU domain, class 5, transcription factor 1 antibody
- POU type homeodomain containing DNA binding protein antibody
- POU5F1 antibody
Anti-Oct-4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Oct-4 antibody (ab83498) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate, pre-incubated with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Oct-4 antibody (ab83498)
ab83498 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.