Anti-p16 [2D9A12] antibody (ab54210)
- Product nameAnti-p16 [2D9A12] antibodySee all p16 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2D9A12] to p16
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Ni-NTA purified recombinant P16 expressed in E. Coli strain BL21 (DE3).
- Positive control
- Rat liver tissue; Human brain tissue; Human brain tumor tissue; PFA/Tween HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2D9A12
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54210 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/50.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Tested using a recombinant protein expressed in E. coli. We have no data on the detection of the endogenous protein and would welcome feedback from anyone that has performed a WB with ab54210 using cell lysates.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Recommended antigen retrieval: Place slides in a special glass slide holder and fill in the rack with slides to ensure even heating. Rinse rack in 1L of Citrate buffer in ordinary pressure cooker,(0.01M,pH6.0) to immerse all slides. Cover the cap and heat for 15-20 minutes on electric cooker until water boils. Begin timing, only 2 minutes in high-pressure Remove the pressure cooker, Allow it to cool(Cool the slides at room temperature) Rinse the slides in PBS for 5 minutes|
- RelevanceThe CDKN2A locus gives rise to 2 distinct transcripts from different promoters. The transcripts have been designated p16(INK4A) and p14(ARF). This chromosomal region undergoes a number of inversions, translocations, heterozygous deletions, and homozygous deletions in a variety of malignant cell lines including those from glioma, non-small cell lung cancer, leukemia, and melanoma. Deletion of the region containing CDKN2A is found in more than half of all melanoma cell lines. In spite of the structural and some functional differences, all the proteins encoded by the CDKN2A gene are involved in cell cycle G1 control.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- FormThere are 4 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: p16INK4a; Isoform 3 also known as: p12; Isoform 4 also known as: p14ARF; p19ARF; ARF.
- ARF antibody
- CCM2 antibody
- CDK4 Inhibitor antibody
- CDK4 inhibitor p16 INK4 antibody
- CDK4I antibody
- CDKN2 antibody
- CDKN2A antibody
- Cell cycle negative regulator beta antibody
- CMM2 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (melanoma p16 inhibits CDK4) antibody
- Cyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 2A antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A isoform 4 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A isoforms 1/2/3 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p16 antibody
- INK4 antibody
- INK4 antibody
- INK4A antibody
- MLM antibody
- MTS1 antibody
- Multiple tumor suppressor 1 antibody
- Multiple Tumor Supressor 1 antibody
- p14 antibody
- p14(ARF) antibody
- p14ARF antibody
- p16 antibody
- p16 INK4 antibody
- p16INK4 antibody
- P16INK4 antibody
- p16INK4a antibody
- p19 antibody
- p19(ARF) antibody
- p19Arf antibody
- TP16 antibody
Anti-p16 [2D9A12] antibody images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab54210 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab54210, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
All lanes : Anti-p16 [2D9A12] antibody (ab54210) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight marker
Lane 2 : Truncated p16 recombinant protein
Observed band size : 40 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab54210 (1:500) staining p16 INK4a in rat liver tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue. Nuclear staining (by DAB staining) is shown.
ab54210 (1:500) staining p16 INK4a in human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue. Nuclear staining (by DAB staining) is shown.
ab54210 (1:500) staining p16 INK4a in human brain tumor tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue. Nuclear staining (by DAB staining) is shown.
References for Anti-p16 [2D9A12] antibody (ab54210)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jiang W et al. Influenza A virus NS1 induces G0/G1 cell cycle arrest by inhibiting the expression and activity of RhoA protein. J Virol 87:3039-52 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23283961) »
- Valentino T et al. Embryonic defects and growth alteration in mice with homozygous disruption of the Patz1 gene. J Cell Physiol 228:646-53 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 22886576) »