Anti-p16 antibody (ab7962)
- Product nameAnti-p16 antibodySee all p16 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p16
- SpecificityReacts with p16
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, WB, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) (C terminal).
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7962 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/200. Predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa.Can be blocked with CDKN2A/p16INK4a peptide (ab8017).|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [DCS50.1] to CDKN2A/p16INK4a (ab16123). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal [DCS50.1] to CDKN2A/p16INK4a (ab16123) as Capture.|
- RelevanceThe CDKN2A locus gives rise to 2 distinct transcripts from different promoters. The transcripts have been designated p16(INK4A) and p14(ARF). This chromosomal region undergoes a number of inversions, translocations, heterozygous deletions, and homozygous deletions in a variety of malignant cell lines including those from glioma, non-small cell lung cancer, leukemia, and melanoma. Deletion of the region containing CDKN2A is found in more than half of all melanoma cell lines. In spite of the structural and some functional differences, all the proteins encoded by the CDKN2A gene are involved in cell cycle G1 control.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- FormThere are 4 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: p16INK4a; Isoform 3 also known as: p12; Isoform 4 also known as: p14ARF; p19ARF; ARF.
- ARF antibody
- CCM2 antibody
- CDK4 Inhibitor antibody
- CDK4 inhibitor p16 INK4 antibody
- CDK4I antibody
- CDKN2 antibody
- CDKN2A antibody
- Cell cycle negative regulator beta antibody
- CMM2 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (melanoma p16 inhibits CDK4) antibody
- Cyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 2A antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A isoform 4 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A isoforms 1/2/3 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p16 antibody
- INK4 antibody
- INK4 antibody
- INK4A antibody
- MLM antibody
- MTS1 antibody
- Multiple tumor suppressor 1 antibody
- Multiple Tumor Supressor 1 antibody
- p14 antibody
- p14(ARF) antibody
- p14ARF antibody
- p16 antibody
- p16 INK4 antibody
- p16INK4 antibody
- P16INK4 antibody
- p16INK4a antibody
- p19 antibody
- p19(ARF) antibody
- p19Arf antibody
- TP16 antibody
Anti-p16 antibody images
Standard Curve for CDKN2A/p16INK4a (Analyte: CDKN2A/p16INK4a protein (Human) (ab84075)); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [DCS50.1] to CDKN2A/p16INK4a (ab16123) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to CDKN2A/p16INK4a (ab7962) at 0.5µg/ml.
ICC/IF image of ab7962 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7962, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-p16 antibody (ab7962)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tsoumpou I et al. p16(INK4a) immunostaining in cytological and histological specimens from the uterine cervix: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Treat Rev 35:210-20 (2009). ICC, IHC ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19261387) »