Anti-p16 [DCS50.1] antibody (ab16123)
- Product nameAnti-p16 [DCS50.1] antibodySee all p16 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DCS50.1] to p16
- SpecificityThis antibody shws no cross reactivity with the closely related inhibitors p15INK4b and p18INK4c.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Sandwich ELISA, WB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Positive control
- HEK293 cells, HeLa ((Human epithelial carcinoma cell line).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99.9% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is provided as a 0.2µm sterile filtered solution.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDCS50.1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16123 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to p16 (ab7962). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 1 µg/ml with Rabbit polyclonal to CDKN2A/p16INK4a (ab7962) as Detection.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 16 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Ab16123 co-precipitates cdk4/cdk6.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- RelevanceThe CDKN2A locus gives rise to 2 distinct transcripts from different promoters. The transcripts have been designated p16(INK4A) and p14(ARF). This chromosomal region undergoes a number of inversions, translocations, heterozygous deletions, and homozygous deletions in a variety of malignant cell lines including those from glioma, non-small cell lung cancer, leukemia, and melanoma. Deletion of the region containing CDKN2A is found in more than half of all melanoma cell lines. In spite of the structural and some functional differences, all the proteins encoded by the CDKN2A gene are involved in cell cycle G1 control.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- FormThere are 4 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: p16INK4a; Isoform 3 also known as: p12; Isoform 4 also known as: p14ARF; p19ARF; ARF.
- ARF antibody
- CCM2 antibody
- CDK4 Inhibitor antibody
- CDK4 inhibitor p16 INK4 antibody
- CDK4I antibody
- CDKN2 antibody
- CDKN2A antibody
- Cell cycle negative regulator beta antibody
- CMM2 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (melanoma p16 inhibits CDK4) antibody
- Cyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 2A antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A isoform 4 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A isoforms 1/2/3 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p16 antibody
- INK4 antibody
- INK4 antibody
- INK4A antibody
- MLM antibody
- MTS1 antibody
- Multiple tumor suppressor 1 antibody
- Multiple Tumor Supressor 1 antibody
- p14 antibody
- p14(ARF) antibody
- p14ARF antibody
- p16 antibody
- p16 INK4 antibody
- p16INK4 antibody
- P16INK4 antibody
- p16INK4a antibody
- p19 antibody
- p19(ARF) antibody
- p19Arf antibody
- TP16 antibody
Anti-p16 [DCS50.1] antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab16123 stained Hepp cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16123, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) ab150113) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab16123 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16123, 1µg/1x106 cells ) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 100% methanol used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
All lanes : Anti-p16 [DCS50.1] antibody (ab16123) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 16 kDa
Observed band size : 16 kDa
Additional bands at : 37 kDa,50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 12 minutes
Standard Curve for CDKN2A/p16INK4a (Analyte: CDKN2A/p16INK4a protein (Human) (ab84075)); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [DCS50.1] to CDKN2A/p16INK4a (ab16123) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to CDKN2A/p16INK4a (ab7962) at 0.5µg/ml.
References for Anti-p16 [DCS50.1] antibody (ab16123)
ab16123 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.