Anti-p21 antibody  (ab99853)
- Product nameAnti-p21 antibody See all p21 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to p21
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant Mouse p21
- Epitopeab99853 recognizes an epitope within amino acids 90-109 of Mouse p21
- Positive controlRat or mouse embryo fibroblast cell lines treated with Actinomycin D
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, 0.05M Sodium phosphate buffer
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number65
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99853 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa. (Chemiluminescence).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use 2 µg/sample.|
- FunctionMay be the important intermediate by which p53/TP53 mediates its role as an inhibitor of cellular proliferation in response to DNA damage. Binds to and inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase activity, preventing phosphorylation of critical cyclin-dependent kinase substrates and blocking cell cycle progression. Functions in the nuclear localization and assembly of cyclin D-CDK4 complex and promotes its kinase activity towards RB1. At higher stoichiometric ratios, inhibits the kinase activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult human tissues, with 5-fold lower levels observed in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainThe PIP-box K+4 motif mediates both the interaction with PCNA and the recuitment of the DCX(DTL) complex: while the PIP-box interacts with PCNA, the presence of the K+4 submotif, recruits the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its ubiquitination.
The C-terminal is required for nuclear localization of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-145 by Akt or of Ser-146 by PKC impairs binding to PCNA. Phosphorylation at Ser-114 by GSK3-beta enhances ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex.
Ubiquitinated by MKRN1; leading to polyubiquitination and 26S proteasome-dependent degradation. Ubiquitinated by the DCX(DTL) complex, also named CRL4(CDT2) complex, leading to its degradation during S phase or following UV irradiation. Ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex is essential to control replication licensing and is PCNA-dependent: interacts with PCNA via its PIP-box, while the presence of the containing the 'K+4' motif in the PIP box, recruit the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- CAP20 antibodyCDK-interacting protein 1 antibodyCDKI antibody
- CDKN1 antibodyCDKN1A antibodyCDN1A_HUMAN antibodyCIP1 antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1A antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (P21) antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (p21, Cip1) antibodyDNA Synthesis Inhibitor antibodyMDA-6 antibodyMDA6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein 6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein antibodyp21 antibodyP21 protein antibodyp21CIP1 antibodyp21Cip1/Waf1 antibodyp21WAF antibodySDI1 antibodyWAF1 antibodyWild type p53 activated fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53-activated fragment 1 antibody
References for Anti-p21 antibody  (ab99853)
ab99853 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.