Anti-p21 antibody [AC8.3] (ab118)
- Product nameAnti-p21 antibody [AC8.3]See all p21 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AC8.3] to p21
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, Sandwich ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human
His-tagged human p21 expressed in baculovirus
- General notes
Useful as a detection system for rapidly dividing cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPhosphate buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes Useful as a detection system for rapidly dividing cells.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAC8.3
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 2µg for 106 cells.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to p21 (ab18209). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 5µg/ml with ab18209 as Detection.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).|
- FunctionMay be the important intermediate by which p53/TP53 mediates its role as an inhibitor of cellular proliferation in response to DNA damage. Binds to and inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase activity, preventing phosphorylation of critical cyclin-dependent kinase substrates and blocking cell cycle progression. Functions in the nuclear localization and assembly of cyclin D-CDK4 complex and promotes its kinase activity towards RB1. At higher stoichiometric ratios, inhibits the kinase activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult human tissues, with 5-fold lower levels observed in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainThe PIP-box K+4 motif mediates both the interaction with PCNA and the recuitment of the DCX(DTL) complex: while the PIP-box interacts with PCNA, the presence of the K+4 submotif, recruits the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its ubiquitination.
The C-terminal is required for nuclear localization of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-145 by Akt or of Ser-146 by PKC impairs binding to PCNA. Phosphorylation at Ser-114 by GSK3-beta enhances ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex.
Ubiquitinated by MKRN1; leading to polyubiquitination and 26S proteasome-dependent degradation. Ubiquitinated by the DCX(DTL) complex, also named CRL4(CDT2) complex, leading to its degradation during S phase or following UV irradiation. Ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex is essential to control replication licensing and is PCNA-dependent: interacts with PCNA via its PIP-box, while the presence of the containing the 'K+4' motif in the PIP box, recruit the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Activating Fragment 1 antibodyActivating Fragment 1 antibodyCAP20 antibody
- Cation chloride cotransporter-interacting protein 1 antibodyCDK Interacting Protein 1 antibodyCDK-interacting protein 1 antibodyCDKI antibodyCDKN 1 antibodyCDKN1 antibodyCDKN1A antibodyCDN1A_HUMAN antibodyCIP1 antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1A antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (P21) antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (p21, Cip1) antibodyDNA Synthesis Inhibitor antibodyMDA 6 antibodyMDA-6 antibodyMDA6 antibodyMDA6 antibodyMelanoma Differentiation Associated Protein 6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein 6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein antibodyp21 antibodyP21 protein antibodyp21CIP1 antibodyp21Cip1/Waf1 antibodyp21WAF antibodyPIC1 antibodySDI1 antibodySLC12A9 antibodyWAF1 antibodyWild type p53 activated fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53 Activating Fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53-activated fragment 1 antibody
Anti-p21 antibody [AC8.3] images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab118 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab118, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-p21 antibody [AC8.3] (ab118)
This product has been referenced in:
- Petrides A & Trexler EB Differential output of the high-sensitivity rod photoreceptor: AII amacrine pathway. J Comp Neurol 507:1653-62 (2008). IHC-FrFl ; Rabbit . Read more (PubMed: 18241050) »