Anti-p21 antibody (ab102635)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102635 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa.|
- FunctionMay be the important intermediate by which p53/TP53 mediates its role as an inhibitor of cellular proliferation in response to DNA damage. Binds to and inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase activity, preventing phosphorylation of critical cyclin-dependent kinase substrates and blocking cell cycle progression. Functions in the nuclear localization and assembly of cyclin D-CDK4 complex and promotes its kinase activity towards RB1. At higher stoichiometric ratios, inhibits the kinase activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult human tissues, with 5-fold lower levels observed in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainThe PIP-box K+4 motif mediates both the interaction with PCNA and the recuitment of the DCX(DTL) complex: while the PIP-box interacts with PCNA, the presence of the K+4 submotif, recruits the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its ubiquitination.
The C-terminal is required for nuclear localization of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-145 by Akt or of Ser-146 by PKC impairs binding to PCNA. Phosphorylation at Ser-114 by GSK3-beta enhances ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex.
Ubiquitinated by MKRN1; leading to polyubiquitination and 26S proteasome-dependent degradation. Ubiquitinated by the DCX(DTL) complex, also named CRL4(CDT2) complex, leading to its degradation during S phase or following UV irradiation. Ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex is essential to control replication licensing and is PCNA-dependent: interacts with PCNA via its PIP-box, while the presence of the containing the 'K+4' motif in the PIP box, recruit the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- CAP20 antibody
- CDK-interacting protein 1 antibody
- CDKI antibody
- CDKN1 antibody
- CDKN1A antibody
- CDN1A_HUMAN antibody
- CIP1 antibody
- Cyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1A antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1 antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (P21) antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (p21, Cip1) antibody
- DNA Synthesis Inhibitor antibody
- MDA-6 antibody
- MDA6 antibody
- Melanoma differentiation-associated protein 6 antibody
- Melanoma differentiation-associated protein antibody
- p21 antibody
- P21 protein antibody
- p21CIP1 antibody
- p21Cip1/Waf1 antibody
- p21WAF antibody
- PIC1 antibody
- SDI1 antibody
- WAF1 antibody
- Wild type p53 activated fragment 1 antibody
- Wildtype p53-activated fragment 1 antibody
Anti-p21 antibody images
Anti-p21 antibody (ab102635) at 1/100 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 18 kDa
References for Anti-p21 antibody (ab102635)
ab102635 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.