Anti-p21 (phospho T145) antibody (ab39409)
- Product nameAnti-p21 (phospho T145) antibodySee all p21 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p21 (phospho T145)
- Specificityab39409 detects endogenous levels of p21 only when phosphorylated at Threonine 145.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from amino acids around the phosphorylation site of Threonine 145 (Human)
- Positive controlHeLa cells treated with EGF.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 0.87% Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab39409 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39409 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMay be the important intermediate by which p53/TP53 mediates its role as an inhibitor of cellular proliferation in response to DNA damage. Binds to and inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase activity, preventing phosphorylation of critical cyclin-dependent kinase substrates and blocking cell cycle progression. Functions in the nuclear localization and assembly of cyclin D-CDK4 complex and promotes its kinase activity towards RB1. At higher stoichiometric ratios, inhibits the kinase activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult human tissues, with 5-fold lower levels observed in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainThe PIP-box K+4 motif mediates both the interaction with PCNA and the recuitment of the DCX(DTL) complex: while the PIP-box interacts with PCNA, the presence of the K+4 submotif, recruits the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its ubiquitination.
The C-terminal is required for nuclear localization of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-145 by Akt or of Ser-146 by PKC impairs binding to PCNA. Phosphorylation at Ser-114 by GSK3-beta enhances ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex.
Ubiquitinated by MKRN1; leading to polyubiquitination and 26S proteasome-dependent degradation. Ubiquitinated by the DCX(DTL) complex, also named CRL4(CDT2) complex, leading to its degradation during S phase or following UV irradiation. Ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex is essential to control replication licensing and is PCNA-dependent: interacts with PCNA via its PIP-box, while the presence of the containing the 'K+4' motif in the PIP box, recruit the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Activating Fragment 1 antibodyActivating Fragment 1 antibodyCAP20 antibody
- CAP20 antibodyCation chloride cotransporter-interacting protein 1 antibodyCDK Interacting Protein 1 antibodyCDK Interacting Protein 1 antibodyCDK-interacting protein 1 antibodyCDKI antibodyCDKN 1 antibodyCDKN1 antibodyCDKN1 antibodyCDKN1A antibodyCDKN1A antibodyCDN1A_HUMAN antibodyCIP1 antibodyCIP1 antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1A antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1A antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (P21) antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (p21, Cip1) antibodyDNA Synthesis Inhibitor antibodyMDA 6 antibodyMDA-6 antibodyMDA6 antibodyMDA6 antibodyMelanoma Differentiation Associated Protein 6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein 6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein antibodyp21 antibodyp21 antibodyP21 protein antibodyp21CIP1 antibodyp21Cip1/Waf1 antibodyp21WAF antibodyPIC1 antibodyPIC1 antibodySDI1 antibodySDI1 antibodySLC12A9 antibodyWAF1 antibodyWAF1 antibodyWild type p53 activated fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53 Activating Fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53 Activating Fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53-activated fragment 1 antibody
Anti-p21 (phospho T145) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-p21 (phospho T145) antibody (ab39409) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated extracts from HeLa cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from HeLa cells treated with EGF
Predicted band size : 18 kDa
Observed band size : 32 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-p21 (phospho T145) antibody (ab39409)
ab39409 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.