Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody [EPFHCR16a] (ab113075)
- Product nameAnti-p27 KIP 1 antibody [EPFHCR16a]See all p27 KIP 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPFHCR16a] to p27 KIP 1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Recombinant full length protein (Escherichia coli )
- Positive controlMCF-7 and SH-SY5Y cell lysates
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPFHCR16a
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113075 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
- FunctionImportant regulator of cell cycle progression. Involved in G1 arrest. Potent inhibitor of cyclin E- and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes. Forms a complex with cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes and is involved in the assembly, stability, and modulation of CCND1-CDK4 complex activation. Acts either as an inhibitor or an activator of cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes depending on its phosphorylation state and/or stoichometry.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested. Highest levels in skeletal muscle, lowest in liver and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDKN1B are the cause of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 (MEN4) [MIM:610755]. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes are inherited cancer syndromes of the thyroid. MEN4 is a MEN-like syndrome with a phenotypic overlap of both MEN1 and MEN2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainA peptide sequence containing only AA 28-79 retains substantial Kip1 cyclin A/CDK2 inhibitory activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated; phosphorylation occurs on serine, threonine and tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 is the major site of phosphorylation in resting cells, takes place at the G(0)-G(1) phase and leads to protein stability. Phosphorylation on other sites is greatly enhanced by mitogens, growth factors, cMYC and in certain cancer cell lines. The phosphorylated form found in the cytoplasm is inactivate. Phosphorylation on Thr-198 is required for interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation on Thr-187, by CDK2 leads to protein ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Tyrosine phosphorylation promotes this process. Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT1 can be suppressed by LY294002, an inhibitor of the catalytic subunit of PI3K. Phosphorylation on Tyr-88 and Tyr-89 has no effect on binding CDK2, but is required for binding CDK4. Dephosphorylated on tyrosine residues by G-CSF.
Ubiquitinated; in the cytoplasm by the KPC complex (composed of RNF123/KPC1 and UBAC1/KPC2) and, in the nucleus, by SCF(SKP2). The latter requires prior phosphorylation on Thr-187. Ubiquitinated; by a TRIM21-containing SCF(SKP2)-like complex; leads to its degradation.
Subject to degradation in the lysosome. Interaction with SNX6 promotes lysosomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Endosome. Nuclear and cytoplasmic in quiescent cells. AKT-or RSK-mediated phosphorylation on Thr-198, binds 14-3-3, translocates to the cytoplasm and promotes cell cycle progression. Mitogen-activated UHMK1 phosphorylation on Ser-10 also results in translocation to the cytoplasm and cell cycle progression. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 facilitates nuclear export. Translocates to the nucleus on phosphorylation of Tyr-88 and Tyr-89. Colocalizes at the endosome with SNX6 and this leads to lysosomal degradation.
- AA408329 antibodyAI843786 antibodyCdki1b antibody
- CDKN 1B antibodyCDKN 4 antibodyCDKN1B antibodyCDKN4 antibodyCDN1B_HUMAN antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1B antibodyCyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B (p27, Kip1) antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 Kip1 antibodyKIP 1 antibodyKIP1 antibodyMEN1B antibodyMEN4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195098 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195099 antibodyp27 antibodyp27 Kip1 antibodyP27-like cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor antibodyp27Kip1 antibody
Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody [EPFHCR16a] images
All lanes : Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody [EPFHCR16a] (ab113075) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF-7 cell lysates
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
References for Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody [EPFHCR16a] (ab113075)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kim HK et al. Expression of Proviral Integration Site for Moloney Murine Leukemia Virus 1 (Pim-1) Is Post-transcriptionally Regulated by Tristetraprolin in Cancer Cells. J Biol Chem 287:28770-8 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22700982) »