Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody (ab52007)
- Product nameAnti-p27 KIP 1 antibodySee all p27 KIP 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to p27 KIP 1
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide: C-EQTPKKPGLRRRQT, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 185-198 of Human p27 KIP 1
- Positive controlHuman Breast lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52007 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa). The observed molecular weight corresponds to earlier findings in literature (Xia et al, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005 Sep 27;102(39):14028-33; PMID: 16169901).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionImportant regulator of cell cycle progression. Involved in G1 arrest. Potent inhibitor of cyclin E- and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes. Forms a complex with cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes and is involved in the assembly, stability, and modulation of CCND1-CDK4 complex activation. Acts either as an inhibitor or an activator of cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes depending on its phosphorylation state and/or stoichometry.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested. Highest levels in skeletal muscle, lowest in liver and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDKN1B are the cause of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 (MEN4) [MIM:610755]. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes are inherited cancer syndromes of the thyroid. MEN4 is a MEN-like syndrome with a phenotypic overlap of both MEN1 and MEN2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainA peptide sequence containing only AA 28-79 retains substantial Kip1 cyclin A/CDK2 inhibitory activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated; phosphorylation occurs on serine, threonine and tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 is the major site of phosphorylation in resting cells, takes place at the G(0)-G(1) phase and leads to protein stability. Phosphorylation on other sites is greatly enhanced by mitogens, growth factors, cMYC and in certain cancer cell lines. The phosphorylated form found in the cytoplasm is inactivate. Phosphorylation on Thr-198 is required for interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation on Thr-187, by CDK2 leads to protein ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Tyrosine phosphorylation promotes this process. Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT1 can be suppressed by LY294002, an inhibitor of the catalytic subunit of PI3K. Phosphorylation on Tyr-88 and Tyr-89 has no effect on binding CDK2, but is required for binding CDK4. Dephosphorylated on tyrosine residues by G-CSF.
Ubiquitinated; in the cytoplasm by the KPC complex (composed of RNF123/KPC1 and UBAC1/KPC2) and, in the nucleus, by SCF(SKP2). The latter requires prior phosphorylation on Thr-187. Ubiquitinated; by a TRIM21-containing SCF(SKP2)-like complex; leads to its degradation.
Subject to degradation in the lysosome. Interaction with SNX6 promotes lysosomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Endosome. Nuclear and cytoplasmic in quiescent cells. AKT-or RSK-mediated phosphorylation on Thr-198, binds 14-3-3, translocates to the cytoplasm and promotes cell cycle progression. Mitogen-activated UHMK1 phosphorylation on Ser-10 also results in translocation to the cytoplasm and cell cycle progression. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 facilitates nuclear export. Translocates to the nucleus on phosphorylation of Tyr-88 and Tyr-89. Colocalizes at the endosome with SNX6 and this leads to lysosomal degradation.
- Entrez Gene: 493958 Cat
- Entrez Gene: 403429 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 1027 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12576 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397584 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 83571 Rat
- Omim: 600778 Human
- SwissProt: O19001 Cat
- SwissProt: Q6SLL5 Dog
- SwissProt: P46527 Human
- SwissProt: P46414 Mouse
- Unigene: 238990 Human
- Unigene: 2958 Mouse
- AA408329 antibodyAI843786 antibodyCdki1b antibody
- CDKN 1B antibodyCDKN 4 antibodyCDKN1B antibodyCDKN4 antibodyCDN1B_HUMAN antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1B antibodyCyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B (p27, Kip1) antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 Kip1 antibodyKIP 1 antibodyKIP1 antibodyMEN1B antibodyMEN4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195098 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195099 antibodyp27 antibodyp27 Kip1 antibodyP27-like cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor antibodyP27KIP1 antibody
Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody images
Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody (ab52007) at 1 µg/ml + Human Breast lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer).
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 26 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody (ab52007)
ab52007 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.