Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody (ab54563)
- Product nameAnti-p27 KIP 1 antibodySee all p27 KIP 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to p27 KIP 1
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein, corresponding to amino acids 1-199 of Human p27 KIP 1
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54563 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 ��g/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to p27 KIP 1 (ab7961). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 1µg/ml with ab7961 as Detection.|
- FunctionImportant regulator of cell cycle progression. Involved in G1 arrest. Potent inhibitor of cyclin E- and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes. Forms a complex with cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes and is involved in the assembly, stability, and modulation of CCND1-CDK4 complex activation. Acts either as an inhibitor or an activator of cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes depending on its phosphorylation state and/or stoichometry.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested. Highest levels in skeletal muscle, lowest in liver and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDKN1B are the cause of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 (MEN4) [MIM:610755]. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes are inherited cancer syndromes of the thyroid. MEN4 is a MEN-like syndrome with a phenotypic overlap of both MEN1 and MEN2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainA peptide sequence containing only AA 28-79 retains substantial Kip1 cyclin A/CDK2 inhibitory activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated; phosphorylation occurs on serine, threonine and tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 is the major site of phosphorylation in resting cells, takes place at the G(0)-G(1) phase and leads to protein stability. Phosphorylation on other sites is greatly enhanced by mitogens, growth factors, cMYC and in certain cancer cell lines. The phosphorylated form found in the cytoplasm is inactivate. Phosphorylation on Thr-198 is required for interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation on Thr-187, by CDK2 leads to protein ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Tyrosine phosphorylation promotes this process. Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT1 can be suppressed by LY294002, an inhibitor of the catalytic subunit of PI3K. Phosphorylation on Tyr-88 and Tyr-89 has no effect on binding CDK2, but is required for binding CDK4. Dephosphorylated on tyrosine residues by G-CSF.
Ubiquitinated; in the cytoplasm by the KPC complex (composed of RNF123/KPC1 and UBAC1/KPC2) and, in the nucleus, by SCF(SKP2). The latter requires prior phosphorylation on Thr-187. Ubiquitinated; by a TRIM21-containing SCF(SKP2)-like complex; leads to its degradation.
Subject to degradation in the lysosome. Interaction with SNX6 promotes lysosomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Endosome. Nuclear and cytoplasmic in quiescent cells. AKT-or RSK-mediated phosphorylation on Thr-198, binds 14-3-3, translocates to the cytoplasm and promotes cell cycle progression. Mitogen-activated UHMK1 phosphorylation on Ser-10 also results in translocation to the cytoplasm and cell cycle progression. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 facilitates nuclear export. Translocates to the nucleus on phosphorylation of Tyr-88 and Tyr-89. Colocalizes at the endosome with SNX6 and this leads to lysosomal degradation.
- AA408329 antibodyAI843786 antibodyCdki1b antibody
- CDKN 1B antibodyCDKN 4 antibodyCDKN1B antibodyCDKN4 antibodyCDN1B_HUMAN antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1B antibodyCyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B (p27, Kip1) antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 Kip1 antibodyKIP 1 antibodyKIP1 antibodyMEN1B antibodyMEN4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195098 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195099 antibodyp27 antibodyp27 Kip1 antibodyP27-like cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor antibodyP27KIP1 antibody
Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody images
p27 KIP 1 antibody (ab54563) used in immunofluorescence at 10ug/ml on HeLa cells.
p27 KIP 1 antibody (ab54563) used in immunohistochemistry at 5ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human ovary, clear cell carcinoma tissue.
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab54563 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab54563, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab54563 staining p27 KIP 1 in Human HCV infected liver biopsy tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA for 60 minutes at 22°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in TAE buffer) for 2 hours at 22°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-mouse monoclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-p27 KIP 1 antibody (ab54563)
ab54563 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.