Anti-p27 KIP 1 (phospho T157) antibody (ab60019)
- Product nameAnti-p27 KIP 1 (phospho T157) antibodySee all p27 KIP 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p27 KIP 1 (phospho T157)
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding T157 of human p27 KIP 1 conjugated to KLH
- Positive control
- HL60 tissue lysate, Human breast carcinoma tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesFirst purified by protein G affinity chromatography, then the antibody fraction was peptide affinity purified in a 2 step procedure with the control and phosphorylated peptides. The phospho specific antibody was eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60019 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionImportant regulator of cell cycle progression. Involved in G1 arrest. Potent inhibitor of cyclin E- and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes. Forms a complex with cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes and is involved in the assembly, stability, and modulation of CCND1-CDK4 complex activation. Acts either as an inhibitor or an activator of cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes depending on its phosphorylation state and/or stoichometry.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested. Highest levels in skeletal muscle, lowest in liver and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDKN1B are the cause of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 (MEN4) [MIM:610755]. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes are inherited cancer syndromes of the thyroid. MEN4 is a MEN-like syndrome with a phenotypic overlap of both MEN1 and MEN2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainA peptide sequence containing only AA 28-79 retains substantial Kip1 cyclin A/CDK2 inhibitory activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated; phosphorylation occurs on serine, threonine and tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 is the major site of phosphorylation in resting cells, takes place at the G(0)-G(1) phase and leads to protein stability. Phosphorylation on other sites is greatly enhanced by mitogens, growth factors, cMYC and in certain cancer cell lines. The phosphorylated form found in the cytoplasm is inactivate. Phosphorylation on Thr-198 is required for interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation on Thr-187, by CDK2 leads to protein ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Tyrosine phosphorylation promotes this process. Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT1 can be suppressed by LY294002, an inhibitor of the catalytic subunit of PI3K. Phosphorylation on Tyr-88 and Tyr-89 has no effect on binding CDK2, but is required for binding CDK4. Dephosphorylated on tyrosine residues by G-CSF.
Ubiquitinated; in the cytoplasm by the KPC complex (composed of RNF123/KPC1 and UBAC1/KPC2) and, in the nucleus, by SCF(SKP2). The latter requires prior phosphorylation on Thr-187. Ubiquitinated; by a TRIM21-containing SCF(SKP2)-like complex; leads to its degradation.
Subject to degradation in the lysosome. Interaction with SNX6 promotes lysosomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Endosome. Nuclear and cytoplasmic in quiescent cells. AKT-or RSK-mediated phosphorylation on Thr-198, binds 14-3-3, translocates to the cytoplasm and promotes cell cycle progression. Mitogen-activated UHMK1 phosphorylation on Ser-10 also results in translocation to the cytoplasm and cell cycle progression. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 facilitates nuclear export. Translocates to the nucleus on phosphorylation of Tyr-88 and Tyr-89. Colocalizes at the endosome with SNX6 and this leads to lysosomal degradation.
- AA408329 antibody
- AI843786 antibody
- Cdki1b antibody
- CDKN 1B antibody
- CDKN 4 antibody
- CDKN1B antibody
- CDKN4 antibody
- CDN1B_HUMAN antibody
- Cyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1B antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B (p27, Kip1) antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 Kip1 antibody
- KIP 1 antibody
- KIP1 antibody
- MEN1B antibody
- MEN4 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195098 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195099 antibody
- p27 antibody
- p27 Kip1 antibody
- P27-like cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor antibody
- P27KIP1 antibody
Anti-p27 KIP 1 (phospho T157) antibody images
Anti-p27 KIP 1 (phospho T157) antibody (ab60019) at 1/100 dilution + HL60 tissue lysate
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 22 kDa
ab60019 at 1/50 dilution staining formalin fixed, paraffin embedded human breast cancer tissue. Peroxidase conjugated secondary antibody followed by AEC staining.
References for Anti-p27 KIP 1 (phospho T157) antibody (ab60019)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kim HK et al. Expression of Proviral Integration Site for Moloney Murine Leukemia Virus 1 (Pim-1) Is Post-transcriptionally Regulated by Tristetraprolin in Cancer Cells. J Biol Chem 287:28770-8 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22700982) »