p38 MAPK alpha (pT180/pY182) + total p38 MAPK alpha ELISA Kit (ab126453)
- Product namep38 MAPK alpha (pT180/pY182) + total p38 MAPK alpha ELISA KitSee all p38 MAPKalpha (phospho Thr180/Tyr182)+ total p38 MAPKalpha kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell Lysate
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- Product overview
ab126453 is a very rapid, convenient and sensitive assay kit that can monitor the activation or function of important biological pathways in cell lysates. By determining phosphorylated p38 alpha protein in your experimental model system, you can verify pathway activation in your cell lysates. You can simultaneously measure numerous different cell lysates without spending excess time and effort in performing a Western Blot analysis.
This Sandwich ELISA kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the measurement of human phospho-p38 alpha (Thr180/Tyr182) and total p38 alpha (help normalize the results of phospho-p38 alpha from different cell lysate being compared). An anti-p38 alpha (Thr180/Tyr182) (half plate, red marker on left side) and anti-total p38 alpha antibody (half plate, black marker on right side) has been coated onto a 96-well plate. Samples are pipetted into the wells and phosphorylated (left side) and total (right side) p38 alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and rabbit anti p38 alpha is used to detect phosphorylated or total p38 alpha. After washing away unbound antibody, HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of p38 alpha (Thr180/Tyr182) or total p38 alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysate Buffer 1 x 5ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Detection Antibody p38 alpha 2 vials HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG: 1000x HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG concentrate 1 x 25µl p38 alpha Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Positive Control: lyophilized powder from HeLa cell lysate 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionResponds to activation by environmental stress, pro-inflammatory cytokines and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors, such as ELK1 and ATF2 and several downstream kinases, such as MAPKAPK2 and MAPKAPK5. Plays a critical role in the production of some cytokines, for example IL-6. May play a role in stabilization of EPO mRNA during hypoxic stress. Isoform Mxi2 activation is stimulated by mitogens and oxidative stress and only poorly phosphorylates ELK1 and ATF2. Isoform Exip may play a role in the early onset of apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityBrain, heart, placenta, pancreas and skeletal muscle. Expressed to a lesser extent in lung, liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-180 and Tyr-182, which activates the enzyme.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- CSAID binding protein
- CSAID-binding protein
- Csaids binding protein
- Cytokine suppressive anti-inflammatory drug-binding protein
- MAP kinase 14
- MAP kinase MXI2
- MAP kinase p38 alpha
- MAPK 14
- MAX-interacting protein 2
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 14
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase p38 alpha
- p38 MAP kinase
- p38 mitogen activated protein kinase
- p38alpha Exip
- Stress activated protein kinase 2A
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126453 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
p38 MAPK alpha (pT180/pY182) + total p38 MAPK alpha ELISA Kit images
HeLa cells were treated with Anisomycin at 37°C for 10 min. Solubilize cells at 4 x 107 cells/ml in Cell Lysate Buffer. Serial dilutions of lysates were analyzed in this ELISA.
HeLa cells were treated or untreated with Anisomycin for 10 min at 37°C. Cell lysates were analyzed using this phosphoELISA.
HeLa cells were treated or untreated with Anisomycin for 10 min at 37°C. Cell lysates were analyzed by Western Blot.
References for p38 MAPK alpha (pT180/pY182) + total p38 MAPK alpha ELISA Kit (ab126453)
ab126453 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.