Anti-p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) antibody (ab4822)
- Product nameAnti-p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) antibodySee all p38 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p38 (phospho T180 + Y182)
- SpecificityHuman and rat (100% homologous) p38a, ß and ?. Mouse, dog, monkey, and carp (100% homologous) p38 have not been tested, but are expected to react.
- Tested applicationsIHC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog, Carp, Monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human p38 (phospho T180 + Y182). p38 is dually phosphorylated and therefore fully activated by MEK3 and MEK6 on threonine 180 and tyrosine 182 within the activation loop.
- Positive control
- HEK 293 cells +/- UV irradiation treatment and PC12 cells +/- Sorbitol.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
BSA is IgG and protease free. PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using i) non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated p38, and ii) a JNK-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at threonine 183 and tyrosine 185. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a p38-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at threonine 180 and tyrosine 182.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionResponds to activation by environmental stress, pro-inflammatory cytokines and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors, such as ELK1 and ATF2 and several downstream kinases, such as MAPKAPK2 and MAPKAPK5. Plays a critical role in the production of some cytokines, for example IL-6. May play a role in stabilization of EPO mRNA during hypoxic stress. Isoform Mxi2 activation is stimulated by mitogens and oxidative stress and only poorly phosphorylates ELK1 and ATF2. Isoform Exip may play a role in the early onset of apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityBrain, heart, placenta, pancreas and skeletal muscle. Expressed to a lesser extent in lung, liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-180 and Tyr-182, which activates the enzyme.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- CSAID Binding Protein 1 antibody
- CSAID binding protein antibody
- CSAID-binding protein antibody
- Csaids binding protein antibody
- CSBP 1 antibody
- CSBP 2 antibody
- CSBP antibody
- CSBP1 antibody
- CSBP2 antibody
- CSPB 1 antibody
- CSPB1 antibody
- Cytokine suppressive anti inflammatory drug binding protein antibody
- Cytokine suppressive anti-inflammatory drug-binding protein antibody
- EXIP antibody
- MAP kinase 14 antibody
- MAP kinase MXI2 antibody
- MAP kinase p38 alpha antibody
- MAPK 14 antibody
- MAPK14 antibody
- MAX interacting protein 2 antibody
- MAX-interacting protein 2 antibody
- Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase 14 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase p38 alpha antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 14 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase p38 alpha antibody
- MK14_HUMAN antibody
- Mxi 2 antibody
- Mxi2 antibody
- p38 ALPHA antibody
- p38 antibody
- p38 MAP kinase antibody
- p38 MAPK antibody
- p38 mitogen activated protein kinase antibody
- p38ALPHA antibody
- p38alpha Exip antibody
- PRKM14 antibody
- PRKM15 antibody
- RK antibody
- SAPK 2A antibody
- SAPK2A antibody
- Stress Activated Protein Kinase 2A antibody
Anti-p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) antibody images
Predicted band size : 38 kDa
Peptide Competition: Extracts prepared from HEK 293 cells treated with UV irradiation were resolved on a 10% Tris-glycine gel and transferred to nitrocellulose. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4oC, then were incubated with 0.50 µg/mL ab4822 for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer, following its prior incubation with: the peptide immunogen (1), a generic phosphothreonine containing peptide (2), a generic phosphotyrosine-containing peptide (3), the non-phosphorylated peptide corresponding to the phosphopeptide (4), no peptide (5), the phosphorylated peptide derived from the corresponding region of JNK 1 & 2 (6), and, the phosphorylated peptide derived from the corresponding region of ERK 1 & 2 (7). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab')2 antirabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and the signal was detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that only the phosphopeptide corresponding to this site blocks the antibody signal, demonstrating the specificity of ab4822 for the dually phosphorylated form of this protein.
References for Anti-p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) antibody (ab4822)
This product has been referenced in:
- Martiáñez T et al. N-cadherin expression is regulated by UTP in schwannoma cells. Purinergic Signal 9:259-70 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23271561) »
- Gardner A et al. The critical role of TAK1 in accentuated epithelial to mesenchymal transition in obliterative bronchiolitis after lung transplantation. Am J Pathol 180:2293-308 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22525462) »