Anti-pan Cadherin antibody - Plasma Membrane Marker (ab6529)
- Product nameAnti-pan Cadherin antibody - Plasma Membrane MarkerSee all pan Cadherin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to pan Cadherin - Plasma Membrane Marker
- SpecificityRecognises all cadherin members. Rabbit Anti-Pan Cadherin shows specific reactivity with a distinct 135 kD band on chicken or rabbit heart extract blots using indirect immunoblotting.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, Electron Microscopy, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Bird, Fish, Amphibians
Synthetic peptide: DYDYLNDWGPRFKKLADMYGGGDD conjugated to KLH by a Glutaraldehyde linker, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 889-912 of Chicken pan Cadherin.
- General notesImmunohistochemistry
This antibody has not been tested on frozen sections but has been tested on both cultured cells and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded, protease digested sections so chances are it will work on frozen sections. It has also been tested on heart sections and MDBK cells. This antibody should work on bovine samples although we have not tested it specifically.
This product is useful for the detection of members of the cadherin family or genetically engineered proteins containing the C-terminal cadherin tail, and for demonstration of adherens type cell-cell junctions regardless of their cadherin type.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes This product is useful for the detection of members of the cadherin family or genetically engineered proteins containing the C-terminal cadherin tail, and for demonstration of adherens type cell-cell junctions regardless of their cadherin type.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6529 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/1000. Perform enzymatic antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/200. On chicken and rabbit heart extract this antibody detects a single band at 135 kD.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100. Fix cells with 2-4% paraformaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature, followed by 10-minute incubation with 0.2% Triton X-100 (see Gellersen et al 2007 and Kaur et al 2006).|
|Electron Microscopy||EM: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Fix with ice cold ethanol.|
- RelevanceCadherins are members of a multigene family of single chain glycoprotein receptors mediating calcium dependent cell-cell adhesion. They play an important role in the growth and development of cells via the mechanisms of control of tissue architecture and the maintenance of tissue integrity. Cadherins are expressed in a tissue specific manner and and are required for assembly of cells into solid tissue. Individual cadherin molecules are known to co-operate with each other to form a linear cell adhesion zipper. In adhesion junctions cadherins are bound to beta and gamma catenins which in turn bind to alpha catenin, an actin binding protein. Cadherins play an important part in tumor invasion and metastasis.
- Entrez Gene: 999 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1001 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1004 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1012 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1009 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1003 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1015 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1002 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1005 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1006 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1008 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1014 Human
- Omim: 601120 Human
- Omim: 192090 Human
- Omim: 114020 Human
- Omim: 114021 Human
- Omim: 603006 Human
- SwissProt: P19022 Human
- SwissProt: P12830 Human
- SwissProt: P22223 Human
- SwissProt: P55283 Human
- SwissProt: P33151 Human
- SwissProt: P39038 Mouse
- Cadherin antibody CDH3 antibody CDHP antibody
- 7B4 antigen antibodyCadherin-1 antibodyCadherin-2 antibodyCadherin-3 antibodyCadherin-4 antibodyCadherin-5 antibodyCAM 120/80 antibodyCD144 antibodyCD324 antibodyCD325 antibodyCdh4 antibodyCDH5 antibodyCDHE antibodyCDHN antibodyE-cadherin antibodyEpithelial cadherin antibodyN-cadherin antibodyNCAD antibodyNeural cadherin antibodyP-cadherin antibodyPlacental cadherin antibodyUVO antibodyUvomorulin antibodyVascular endothelial cadherin antibody
Anti-pan Cadherin antibody - Plasma Membrane Marker images
Immunofluorescent imaging of human cells (U2OS) with ab6529 confirms the specificity of this antibody. Pan cadherin antibody recognises predominantly membranous signal with some fainter cytoplasmic staining corresponding to soluble cadherin. No nuclear staining is seen.
IF was performed with a standard paraformaldehyde technique (fixed in PBS buffered PFH 4% for 5 minutes, permeabilised with 0.5% triton-PBS for 5 minutes, blocked with 5% milk / 0.2% tween for one hour. Primary antibody used at 1/100 in 5% milk / 0.2% TWEEN for one hour, secondary antibody for 30 minutes. All blocking and incubation steps carried out at 37 degrees C. Nuclei were stained with Hoechst stain.
ab6529 staining pan Cadherin in human bone marrow cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and blocked in 2% BSA for 30 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted, 1/200 and incubated with sample for 9 hour at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG, diluted 1/200 was used as secondary.
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
ab6529 staining pan Cadherin in rat kidney tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with acetone and then blocked with 2% BSA for 2 hours at 25°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody, at a 1/200 dilution, for 9 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 (green) used at a 1/500 dilution.
ab6529 staining pan Cadherin in murine liver cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were fixed in formaldehyde, permeabilised in 0.4% Triton X-100 and then blocked using 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/200 for 17 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 594 (red) used at a 1/1000 dilution. The other secondary antibody used was an Alexa Fluor® 488 (green) goat anti-mouse IgG for detection of a specific cytosolic protein.
References for Anti-pan Cadherin antibody - Plasma Membrane Marker (ab6529)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mondini A et al. Hypertension-linked mutation of a-adducin increases CFTR surface expression and activity in HEK and cultured rat distal convoluted tubule cells. PLoS One 7:e52014 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23284854) »
- Cvrljevic AN et al. Activation of Src induces mitochondrial localisation of de2-7EGFR (EGFRvIII) in glioma cells: implications for glucose metabolism. J Cell Sci 124:2938-50 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21878501) »