pan Caspase (active) FITC Staining Kit (ab65611)
- Product namepan Caspase (active) FITC Staining KitSee all Caspase kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Fluorescein Caspase Staining Kit provides a convenient and sensitive means for detecting activated caspases in living cells. The assay utilizes the caspase family inhibitor VAD-FMK conjugated to FITC (FITC-VAD-FMK) as a marker. FITC-VAD-FMK is cell permeable, nontoxic, and irreversibly binds to activated caspases in apoptotic cells.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of caspases plays a central role in apoptosis.
- Tested applicationsFluorescence Microscopy, Functional Studies, Flow Cyt more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests FITC-VAD-FMK 1 x 100µl Wash Buffer 2 x 100ml Z-VAD-FMK 1 x 10µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCaspases are members of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease (caspase) family. Sequential activation of caspases plays a central role in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis. Caspases exist as inactive proenzymes which undergo proteolytic processing at conserved aspartic residues to produce 2 subunits, large and small, that dimerize to form the active enzyme.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65611 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Fluorescence Microscopy||Fluorescence Microscopy|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
References for pan Caspase (active) FITC Staining Kit (ab65611)
ab65611 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.